Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Encore Mutation: Gib Fest!
The following changes are for the PC and will be available for the XBOX 360 in a future update.Competitive Modes
- Removed Special Infected spawn music in competitive modes.
- Added a glow outline to the witch, visible only to the infected team.
- Added cvar “director_allow_infected_bots” for confogl and other configs.
- Survivor health glow changes:
- Adjusted glow color transitions to match movement speed transitions.
- Use combined regular and temp health when calculating glow color.
- Glow pulses slightly when the Survivor is on temp health.
- Realism Versus
- Cut Special Infected spawn times by half in Realism Versus.
- Fixed limping Survivors moving slightly faster in water.
- Fixed voice recording intermittently stopping on Mac OS X
- Client-side plugins
- Clients must run with –insecure to load unsigned plugins.
- Insecure clients cannot connect to secure servers.
- Servers can opt to allow insecure clients by running with –insecure.
- Secure clients can connect to both secure and insecure servers.