Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Aug 20, 2010
Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Developer Choice - Last Man On Earth
- Added vote option to enable All Talk in Versus.
- Added vote option to Restart Chapter in Versus.
- Added the ability in the lobby for all players to vote on starting the game.
- Removed Defibs and First Aid Kits in Realism Versus. Survivors start with a First Aid Kit, but all world spawns are disabled.
- To avoid conflicts between Community Campaigns, only content vpks get loaded when starting a campaign.
- Added console command "show_addon_load_order" that prints out the order of loaded vpk files.
- VPK files now support their own sound.cache file.
- Use the command "snd_buildsoundcachefordirectory
" to create the sound.cache file that you should include when you create your vpk file.