Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:Server Browser
Team Fortress 2
- Server browser now starts centered onscreen when it opens up.
- Filter panel now starts expanded, instead of hidden.
- Added a warning dialog that pops up to warn players joining games with more than the recommended number of players.
- Added a "max player count" filter setting.
- Renamed quick list checkbox from "Show Map List" to "Simplified List".
- Mouseover the checkbox now explains the simplified list in the status bar.
- Quicklist now shows the number of other servers running each map.
- Fixed a couple of bugs related to toggling the quick list, which were resulting in you needing to refresh again.
- Added missing earbud particles for DX8 players.
- Added new ConVar mp_windifference_min to be used with mp_windifference.
- Added Engineer to the list of classes that can equip Max's Pistol.
- Rebuilt sound cache files that were out of date.
- Source TV:
- Fixed unlockable items not being visible.
- Stopped "player is carrying X" messages looping forever.
- Fixed overhealed particle effect being visible on your current view target when in first-person spectator mode.
- Changed in-game button colors to be less eyepoppingly bright.
- Improved Steam Web APIs for TF2 items (see http://www.teamfortress.com/)
- Fixed some graphical issues when alt-tabbing during a game.
- Fixed bullet penetration problems with Linux dedicated server.
- Removed an exploit that allowed people to change their names to something other than their Steam profile name