Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Help us translate Steam
Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
Jul 1, 2010
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:
- Added UI to disable Steam Cloud per-game and per-account.
- Added an icon in list view for uninstalled games that support cloud.
- Steam Cloud will now download files for installed games on logon.
- Fixed Steam Cloud sync failures that occurred because of deleted files.
- Improve text hit testing in chat windows.
- Make player names in chat windows clickable, taking you to that user's profile.
- Fixed tabs in the settings dialog sometimes not drawing correctly.
- Fixed a regression that prevented steam from automatically validating and repairing damaged game caches on launch.
- Shortened the delay between launching steam and being offered offline mode in the case of no network connectivity.
- Fixes the label under the dropdown on the game properties updates page for non-cloud games.
- Shows the "cloud disabled" icon in list view for games with cloud disabled that are not installed.
- Fixes players paying mods showing up as "in-game" rather than "in-mod" in the friends window.
- Fixes the login button in the login dialog becoming enabled when the dialog is dragged after the button is pressed.
- Improves whitespace detection in chats.
- Fixes a confusing error message when attempting to back up to a directory that doesn't exist (it would tell you the disk doesn't have enough space).
- Fixes weirdness with radio buttons when pressing the 'back' key on the backup wizard.
- Fixes game manuals not opening in an external browser.
- [OSX] Makes player names in chat windows clickable
- [OSX] Fixed a class of bugs that could cause steam to hang while shutting down, especially if network settings had changed.
- [OSX] Fixes tooltip flickering.
- [OSX] Cmd+Left/Right now go to beginning/end of line.
- [OSX] Option+Left/Right now go to word boundaries.
- [OSX] Option+Enter now inserts a newline.
- [OSX] Fixes some Windows-specific wording about the notification tray in the preferences/settings window.
- [OSX] Prevents backing up files to the file system root.
- [OSX] Treats the return key the same as the enter key.