Steam client update released
Client Update - Valve
Jul 1, 2010
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:
- Added UI to disable Steam Cloud per-game and per-account.
- Added an icon in list view for uninstalled games that support cloud.
- Steam Cloud will now download files for installed games on logon.
- Fixed Steam Cloud sync failures that occurred because of deleted files.
- Improve text hit testing in chat windows.
- Make player names in chat windows clickable, taking you to that user's profile.
- Fixed tabs in the settings dialog sometimes not drawing correctly.
- Fixed a regression that prevented steam from automatically validating and repairing damaged game caches on launch.
- Shortened the delay between launching steam and being offered offline mode in the case of no network connectivity.
- Fixes the label under the dropdown on the game properties updates page for non-cloud games.
- Shows the "cloud disabled" icon in list view for games with cloud disabled that are not installed.
- Fixes players paying mods showing up as "in-game" rather than "in-mod" in the friends window.
- Fixes the login button in the login dialog becoming enabled when the dialog is dragged after the button is pressed.
- Improves whitespace detection in chats.
- Fixes a confusing error message when attempting to back up to a directory that doesn't exist (it would tell you the disk doesn't have enough space).
- Fixes weirdness with radio buttons when pressing the 'back' key on the backup wizard.
- Fixes game manuals not opening in an external browser.
- [OSX] Makes player names in chat windows clickable
- [OSX] Fixed a class of bugs that could cause steam to hang while shutting down, especially if network settings had changed.
- [OSX] Fixes tooltip flickering.
- [OSX] Cmd+Left/Right now go to beginning/end of line.
- [OSX] Option+Left/Right now go to word boundaries.
- [OSX] Option+Enter now inserts a newline.
- [OSX] Fixes some Windows-specific wording about the notification tray in the preferences/settings window.
- [OSX] Prevents backing up files to the file system root.
- [OSX] Treats the return key the same as the enter key.