Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Gratuitous Space Battles Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Apr 20, 2010
Updates to Gratuitous Space Battles have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Bug Fix: Random distribution of damage impacts is more random than before.
- Bug Fix: Plasma torpedoes and ECM effects no longer animate for a while after pausing when at high speed.
- Usability: All battle sounds now stop when you end the battle.
- Bug Fix: random loading screen choices are now more truly random.
- New Feature: Complete overhaul of the post-battle statistics screen with better charts and graphs showing who damaged who.
- Bug Fix: Frigate tractor beam now correctly displays all its data on the ship design screen.
- New Feature: For mods... Game now supports variable parallax terrain items to allow fixed backgrounds.
- New Feature: Flickering nebula lightning effect in background of selected scenarios.
- Ship engine noise is now also controlled by the sound effects volume slider.
- Balance: A number of balance changes have been made.
- Bug Fix: The list of ship name categories no longer spills out of the rename window if you have too many lists.
- Bug Fix: If you uninstall an expansion or mod with the current race set to a now not-installed race, the game defaults silently back to federation now.
- Bug Fix: Fixed crash bug (rare) when splash damage from ship detonations detonated an already just-exploded ship.
- Bug Fix: The retaliate button at the end of a challenge now correctly only appears if you won.
- The original four races now have twice as much variation in their debris.