Updates to Altitude have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:Added "Ace" System:
Ball Mode Improvements:
- Upon reaching level 60, players can click a button under Hangar Deck -> Stats to become an Ace.
- When you become an Ace you will start over at level 1 with unlocks and challenges reset.
- There are no gameplay advantages to becoming an Ace.
- You will receive a new badge and the first 5 Ace ranks will each unlock an extra slot on the plane selection screen.
- The max Ace rank is 10.
- Aces can only gain XP in multiplayer games: single player skirmishes and bot kills don't generate XP
- Ace XP gain is slower on high player count servers to discourage XP farming: with 10 or fewer players aces gain experience at 140% the pre-patch rate; at 14 players experience accumulates at the normal rate; beyond 14 players experience accumulates slower in proportion to the excess player count (e.g. 20 players -> 14/20 = 70% normal XP gain)
- Added "Ball Camera" spectate option: press C to toggle between Free/Chase/Ball spectate modes
- Added goal assist tracking
- Added "time of possesssion" to end of round award screen
- Added visual trail effect to ball
- Increased Biplane's ball shot speed (16.5 -> 17.2)
- Increased Miranda's ball shot speed (16.8 -> 17)
- Decreased Loopy's speed while carrying the ball (79% -> 78%)
New Console Commands:
- Added ball_planepark and tbd_planepark (thanks Mandrad)
- Added tbd_nuclear (thanks Hartz)
- Added tbd_focus (thanks Esoteric)
- Updated ball_cave, ball_core, ball_football, ball_grotto, ball_labyrinth, ball_lostcity, ball_mayhem2, ball_planepark, ball_snow (thanks Maimer)
- dnd (do not disturb mode), type "/dnd true" into the chat window to activate, "/dnd false" to deactivate: suppresses in-game whisper messages and notifications
- removeBan (IP or VaporID)
- addBan (IP or VaporID) (duration) (time-unit) (reason) -- for banning players that aren't currently on the server
- serverWhisper (nickname) (message) -- allows the server to send a message to a single player
- assignTeam (team -1 is spectator, 0 is left team, 1 is right team)
- Added "You..." stat box beneath MVP boxes for comparison
- Updated categories to display additional information
- Server rows now refresh upon selection
- Added filter option "Level Appropriate" -- excludes servers that don't allow players in your level range
- Explodet: "Press F to launch a rocket, then press F again to detonate it."
- Biplane: "Press F and D simultaneously to fire both weapons at once."
- Miranda: "Miranda's forward warp (hold UP) damages enemies in its path."
- Added "Map Editor" and "Server Launcher" links to the main menu
- Adjusted packet loss tracking for max ping kick detection
- Streamlined facebook app, added unlink option, fixed known issues
- New display option "Show Notifications" under Options -> Gameplay: toggles visibility of notification boxes in bottom right (e.g. " logged in")
- New child safety option "Suppress names" under Options -> Account: replaces custom player names with "Player 1", "Player 2", etc