Updates to Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000:
- Proper widescreen support. Previously the game allowed non-4:3 video modes (e.g. 1920x1080) but just rendered a stretched 4:3 image. Now the game renders at the correct aspect ratio (e.g. 5:4, 16:9, 16:10), with the vertical field-of-view remaining fixed and the horizontal field-of-view changing accordingly. (i.e. 16:9 modes now render more to the sides than a 4:3 mode).
- By popular demand, added an -unlimitedsaves command line option. By launching the game with -unlimitedsaves in the command line, players can now save as many times as they like, rather than being restricted to a set number of saves per level. To set your command line options, please right-click on the game in Steam My games browser and select Properties and then Set Launch Options. Alternatively you can edit the command line options directly if you are using a shortcut to the game exe.
- Replaced timer code with a new high-resolution version for improved accuracy.
- Frame-rate now locks to a maximum of 120 to fix gameplay issues when running at very high rates (e.g. when vsync is disabled).
- Mouse sensitivity/accuracy improvements for mice with a high poll rate.
- Fix for invalid characters in device name in video resolution menu causing rendering problems.
- Fix for crash on machines without a sound card / where the sound drivers are invalid. (Game will now run correctly with no sound.)