PC Version 1.1MAJOR
- Automatch: several improvements to improve responsiveness and likelihood of finding a good match
- Ranked Stats: fixed some issues with stats getting lost, new records now show at match end
- Tank: Improved controls
- Achievements: Fixed issues with not being awarded in certain situations
- Projectiles: Improved behavior in high latency situations to be more reliable
- AI: bots will now help defend human squadmates
- Multiplayer: several improvements related to high latency situations
- Heavy Tank controls were adjusted to make driving more intuitive. The main turret will now turn with the vehicle.
- Modified vehicle FoV to show more of the vehicle's exterior.
- Changed tank second seat name to "Minigun."
- Tank corpses will no longer hover after they are destroyed.
- Fixed situations where the Heavy Armor would display a knife kill icon instead of the fist icon.
- Fixed a problem where players could exit a vehicle and end up inside of structures.
- Removed an exploit that allowed users to increase the movement speed of vehicles by moving side to side.
- Fixed a bug that would break the player's health display if they died while piloting a Heavy Armor.
- Fixed bug where client and server would get out of sync about the equipped gear
- Fixed a bug where a player's weapon could disappear after interrupting the set aside animation.
- Fixed a bug where a player could lose the ability to switch weapons.
- Fixed a bug where equipment would fail to function in high latency scenarios.
- Fixed exploit which allowed using gear while sprinting.
- Adjusted Friendly Fire Penalties for Weapons.
- Shotgun in singleplayer gametypes will now have the same magazine size (7) as multiplayer gametypes
- Slightly decreased the piercing damage dealt by the Machinegun rounds, and, the Assault Rifle's piercing rounds. This does not affect the Assault Rifle's non-piercing rounds.
- Fixed a bug where the missile launcher's projectile would travel through certain game actors during low performance situations.
- Mortars will now split and detonate more consistently on a target in high latency situations
- Improved mortar targetting in certain situations.
- Fixed the missile launcher's animation pop when zooming out immediately after firing.
- Microsensors and Det Packs will now remain deployed if a player switches to another loadout which contains the Microsensor or Det Packs.
- Shotgun and Machine Gun descriptions now indicate which feats they contribute to.
- Fixed a problem with the knife where the equip animation would play after every attack.
- Bots will automatically pursue targets that they have previously seen if they haven't seen them for a couple of seconds
- Bots in your squad will follow and defend human players more aggressively, especially in swarm bot modes.
- Added support for locking bots into squads
- Bots will no longer auto-populate during conclusion mode at the end of a match.
- Fixed a bug where bots would continuously join and leave a 12 player game set to the balanced 25% bot mode.
- Improved bot intelligence.
- Carried actors will now be returned to their starting location when they enter an unreachable location.
- Fixed the problem that DCM UI shows as blank sometimes in laggy networking situations.
- Convoy will now always be oriented with the dropship that is delivering it.
- Fixed convoy DCM HUD showing "escort playerName" to players who joined server after DCM had started.
- Adjusted DCM spawning behavior in regards to AA turret locations.
- Reduced the amount of damage taken by DCM actors from AA turrets.
- Fixed a problem where if a player was in the Convoy when the time limit ran out, they would exit the vehicle without a weapon.
- Added a jump delay of .85 seconds
- Fixed a problem where score could still accumulate during conclusion mode at the end of a match.
- Fixed possible speed-hacking exploit
- Resources will no longer be immediately replenished when a user interacts with a supply depot.
- Increased Default Sensitivity from 35% to 40%.
- Fixed a bug where players would occasionally auto-suicide when bringing up tac-net during campaign
- Fixed a problem where players could interact with usable objects through walls in certain situations.
- Replaced the scoreboard's graphical ping display with a numerical ping display.
- Made TacNet spawn tab default to the previous spawn method when opened using a gamepad.
- The loadout screen will now automatically close if the player moves too far away from the supply depot.
- Loadouts screen now has number keys on PC. Keys can be used to select corresponding loadouts.
- Restricted all gamepad inputs from being rebound in configure bindings screen.
- Updated Right side of Loadouts screen to avoid Passive icon overlapping.
- Fixed a problem where the brightness of the in-game cinematics affected the brightness of the Games for Windows - LIVE interface.
- Updated bindings settings to allow binding a key to weapon swap.
- Updated bindings settings to allow binding a key to cycle through zoom levels.
- Lock On no longer targets structures
- Lock-On now aborts when line of sight is lost
- Dropping: improved accuracy of the braking threshold
- Fixed mouse wheel closing purchasing rather than cycling through purchasables if scrolling mouse wheel immediately when it opens.
- Fixed a problem where the purchasing menu would flash red when closing it.
- Purchasing limits have been updated to allow players to destroy their own previously purchased items when the team has reached its limit.
- Changed purchasing beacon to always be oriented vertically.
- Fixed a bug where the user's camera would get stuck in Warmup Matinee Mode.
- Added a new death camera view for when you are killed by a falling object.
- Fixed a bug related to death cam that was caused by a player dying in overdrive.
- Fixed bad third person camera if entering conclusion mode while dropping. Also fixed similar behavior if entering conclusion mode while on tacnet screen.
- Automatch: several improvements to reduce time to get into a game, and to fix situations where automatch would fail despite servers being available.
- Updated browser/automatch to retrieve a list of servers prioritized by not-empty vs. empty
- Fixed a crash which occurred when a user searched for a game while not signed in to Games for Windows - LIVE
- Autobalance option is now grayed out on the server setup screen for game modes that can't use autobalance.
- Fixed bug that was capping the number of favorite servers to 9 instead of 10.
- Updated browser to sort by ping in ascending order (not descending) after first click on the ping column header
- Fixed issue with missing error message when entering a player limit that is too large on Browser search filters.
- Fixed a problem where the server browser would return fewer than 50 search results when more were available.
- Server search results are now prioritized by player count.
- Fixed a stats problem where time played was being doubled.
- Records are now shown in Conclusion Mode.
- Disconnection messaging will now include a reason for the disconnect.
- Corrected some problems related to adjusting the number of bots after changing the bot mode.
- Added the "RemovePassword" command for PC server administrators.
- Added a map cycle validation check during server launch to prevent servers from being launched with an invalid map cycle.
Updates to Section 8 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Fixed a bug where certain achievements would occassionally not unlock when the player reached the target value.
- Fixed a problem where users would fail to connect to Section 8 Online when signing in to Games for Windows - LIVE before the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where text overlapped in Italian for "Reset Loadout."
- Moved Italian text "For Expert Users" so it is next to the "custom" install option.
- Changed French host
- Fixed translation of French "Kicked for idling" message.
- Updated the "With all due Haste" achievement descriptions in French and Italian.