Updates to XIII Century - Blood of Europe have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:The following errors were fixed:
New content and functional
- an occasional crash, caused by incorrect definition of unit's movement is fixed;
- some horse animations were fixed;
- the coefficient of tiles materials' self-luminosity is lowered. This impovement fixes the exposed landscapes on several maps;
- wrong paths to normals' maps and textures were corrected. Some graphic artifacts of units and shields were removed;
- icorrect smoothing is fixed (AA modes);
- landscape artifacts, visible with anisotropic filter on, removed.
Improvements and optimization
- three new groups are available for the Internet play: Sweden, Lithuania, Florence;
- a new feature was added: the possibility to save replays and maps, and replay battles created with map generator;
- a new mode of bright, saturate, and contrast control was added, along with manual control of RGB channels for the post-production of the final graphics. Available with two new lightning patterns only;
- two new lightning patterns were added, but can't be used in generator so far.
- a new mechanism of animations smoothing was applied. As a result, the artifacts of abrupt animation changes disappeared;
- an issue of cutting off the invisible sides of polygons with shades on was fixed. This improves the performance on low-end video cards;
- code referring to loading and animations was optimized;
- some old unused post-production features were removed (thus freeing some video RAM).