Updates to Defense Grid: The Awakening have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:Updates
- The game pauses on a new level until you place the first tower (or right click the mouse) to allow you to look over it and plan your strategy
- Added alien health bars with an option to turn them on and off in Settings menu
- Adjusted the difficulty for levels Last Stand and Waste Disposal
- Changed the entrance and exit arrow colors for the Last Stand level to show which exit corresponds with aliens from which entrance
- Updated various text strings for better accuracy and clearer understanding
- Added an extra digit space in the resource counter to accommodate high resource count
- Left Hand mouse control is now supported
- Added a version number in the How to Play section
- Turtles now spawn aliens even after a save when they are in a level.
- The interest accrued at the end of the mission is now always included in the associated leaderboard posting.
- Link to and update to the latest version of DirectX in order to address audio issues for some users
- The Game tip sound no longer plays when the user turns off the game tip visual cue in the settings.
- The Orbital laser is now not affected by saving or loading.
- The 15 Tower challenge mode description was incorrect, it has been updated.
- The meteor trails now look better at slower framerates.
- The UI no longer cycles quickly while fast-forwarding.
- Changed silver medal core criteria for Assessing the Threat to be consistent with other mission criteria.
- Changed requirements for Siege Breaker achievement so it is now awarded.