Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Defense Grid: The Awakening Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Jul 23, 2009
Updates to Defense Grid: The Awakening have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
- The game pauses on a new level until you place the first tower (or right click the mouse) to allow you to look over it and plan your strategy
- Added alien health bars with an option to turn them on and off in Settings menu
- Adjusted the difficulty for levels Last Stand and Waste Disposal
- Changed the entrance and exit arrow colors for the Last Stand level to show which exit corresponds with aliens from which entrance
- Updated various text strings for better accuracy and clearer understanding
- Added an extra digit space in the resource counter to accommodate high resource count
- Left Hand mouse control is now supported
- Added a version number in the How to Play section
- Turtles now spawn aliens even after a save when they are in a level.
- The interest accrued at the end of the mission is now always included in the associated leaderboard posting.
- Link to and update to the latest version of DirectX in order to address audio issues for some users
- The Game tip sound no longer plays when the user turns off the game tip visual cue in the settings.
- The Orbital laser is now not affected by saving or loading.
- The 15 Tower challenge mode description was incorrect, it has been updated.
- The meteor trails now look better at slower framerates.
- The UI no longer cycles quickly while fast-forwarding.
- Changed silver medal core criteria for Assessing the Threat to be consistent with other mission criteria.
- Changed requirements for Siege Breaker achievement so it is now awarded.