Product Update - Valve
Apr 14, 2009
Updates to Sacred 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
- The Crystal Planes now feature a new quest series as well as new opponents
- New items may drop
- Three new mini bosses. All mini bosses now have their own quests.
- The logbook now features a new graphical appearance.
- New options under "Audio Settings" to adjust the frequency of battle chat
- New death screams for all creatures even if battle chat has been set to "Never" under "Audio Settings."
- Added a tool tip display for the duration of purple and blue potions
- Incoming messages will now open the chat window. After seven seconds
- the window will close automatically
- New option under "Audio Settings" to switch acoustic notifications for chat messages on or off.
- Several causes for crashes have been fixed.
- The Dryads' shrunken heads now work as intended, boosting the effectiveness of the combat arts Malicious Totem, Black Curse and Viperish Disease.
- The bonus Deadly Wounds does no longer stack. In extreme cases the overall hitpoints were reduced to 1 due to that issue.
- The bonus Deep Wound does no longer stack. In extreme cases the overall hitpoints were reduced to 1 due to that issue.
- Fixed an issue that dead horses could be mounted in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue that mounted heroes did not sustain damage when they touched a T-Energy pool.
- Heroes will now sustain the correct amount of damage when touching a T-Energy pool.
- Heroes will now sustain damage when they walk through the boss monster "Swirling Mist of Miasma" ("Fog Monster").
- The boss monster "Swirling Mist of Miasma" ("Fog Monster") now fires projectiles.
- The skill Alchemy now increases the amount of health replenished by healing potions.
- The modification Evade of the Inquisitor's combat art Reverse
- Polarity will now be displayed correctly in all parts of the interface.
- Damage over time did work properly for Elite Boar Riders. This has been fixed.
- The Divine Gift Kuan's Breath also effected opponents who were above the defined maximum opponent level. This has been fixed.
- Various fixes concerning Pierce.
- "Power leveling" using the the combat art Expulse Magic on the "Swirling Mist of Miasma" ("Fog Monster") is no longer possible.
- Fixed the faulty damage display of the boss monster "Facetteleon".
- When several boosts were active, the fist boost to terminate also ended all other boost graphics effects even if the remaining boosts were still active. This has been fixed.
- The faulty damage of the modification Self Repair of the Temple Guardian's combat art Jolting Touch has been fixed.
- The faulty damage of the Seraphim's combat art Pelting Strikes has been fixed.
- Corrected several translation errors in English and French.
- Fixed wrongly saved values of the explored map.
- Amulets and rings have become distinctly different now. This will apply to all amulets including already existing ones.
- Pressing [Del] when the cursor is positioned at the start of a text field in the menu does no longer cause crashes.
- Fixed an issue that Blacksmith Arts could not be removed from forge slots if they had been placed there temporarily.
- The Closed Net player chest accessible for all characters was deleted when players logged in to the Open Net lobby for the first time. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes, items that we rearranged in the inventory were lost due to server lag. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to open a server for diffculty levels gold or higher even if the character met the requirements.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to switch from a hardcore game to a default game and vice versa via the Buddy list.
- The skill Toughness will no longer yield strange results in higher levels. Warning: Toughness did block high amounts of damage even while being broken. Since the fix, Toughness works more predictable, but might therefore be less effective in some situations.
- The mini boss Forest Guardian will now scale to the player's level who is close to him rather than that of the first player who entered the server.
- The unique spear Gronkor's Downfall does no longer carry a bonus for ranged weapons.
- All mounted opponents now fight and die as intended.
- The acoustic signal of the heartbeat sometimes did not end. Now, the heartbeat sound will play no longer than twelve seconds.
- The survival bonus will increase at a slower rate.
- The Dryad's combat art Malicious Totem will now have a stronger effect when the proper shrunken head is being used.
- The Temple Guardian's combat art Furious Emblazer is now more powerful.
- The Seraphim combat's art Divine Protection now has a slightly
reduced duration per level.
- The amount of experience points per killed opponent will no longer be as drastically reduced on very high levels as before.
- The safe area (spawn protection) around resurrection monoliths has been extended; monsters will not attack players immediately anymore.
- Several side quests have been fixed
- Throwing daggers will now rely on dexterity rather than strength
- The skill Magic Staffs didn't apply to two-handed mage staffs, this has been fixed
- Temple Guard combat art Battle Extension did not work correctly in combos, this has been fixed
- Seraphim combat art BeeEffGee is now capped at level 200; the tooltip has been fixed accordingly
Shadow Warrior combat art Reflective Emanation reflected conditions such as blindness and stun and not just the damage, this has been fixed
- Several combos did not work correctly when combat arts with different targeting systems were combined, e.g. area spells first and direct damage such as flash second. This has been fixed
- Some descriptions for combat art modifications were misleading or wrong. They have been corrected.
- Bossmonster "Carnach" teleported one last time while dying, this has been removed.
- Unforging items at the blacksmith broke the forge slots in rare occasions, this has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where OpenAL caused noisy sounds in the main menu after
leaving a game session.
- Pressing [print] did not save screenshots when a dialog window was open. This window will only be seen in the screenshot when both [ctrl] and [print] are being pressed.
- Typing [% n] into the chat crashed the game, this has been fixed.
- The tooltip of special mounts had value discrepancies at a trader and in the inventory.
- Framerate drop caused by certain graphical effects has been lessened.
- Added more pictures for quest targets in the quest log.
- Fixed an issue in the MP server list that could cause players to join a different server than the one that had been selected
- The mastery of the skill Riding now unlocks the correct bonuses.
- Lore-skills increased the casting speed more efficiently than stated in the tool tip.
- Skill Spell resistance did not work in some cases, this has been fixed.