Far Cry 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Dec 19, 2008
Updates to Far Cry 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
- Added triple-header support to the game.
- A widescreen option has been added and can be enabled only in single player mode.
- Fixed the direct join by IP functionality.
- Added the minimum number of players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the scoreboard.
- The host can now set the respawn time in Advanced options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting rank of all players in the match, in Advanced options, for player matches only.
- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team only.
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to the lowest.
- The ping system has been improved to display a more accurate result.
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match search from the map leader board.
- Fixed certain characters that weren't allowed during profile creation (. _ ,)
- It is now possible to add a clan name to the playerÂ¡Â¦s name through the use_clan_tag console command.
- Players can now filter the server list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated, server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- The IEDs are now destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
- In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same host.
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen. It will matchmake on the selected map.
- The distance from a wounded teammate is now displayed.
- The host can now select a VIP before starting the match.
- It is now possible to use the use_clan_tag command.
- Fixed a bug with clan tag and multiple clients
- Multiplayer: Minimum players numbers default setting is now 4
- Fixed some unrepresentative text in the scoreboard.
- Added text to display distance when teamate is down
- Fix a freeze issue in match list if the player press ESC after trying to enter in a match with a password.