Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Product Update - Valve
Dec 19, 2008
Updates to Far Cry 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
- Added triple-header support to the game.
- A widescreen option has been added and can be enabled only in single player mode.
- Fixed the direct join by IP functionality.
- Added the minimum number of players in the host options.
- Added the player's death count in the scoreboard.
- The host can now set the respawn time in Advanced options, for player matches only.
- The host can now set the starting rank of all players in the match, in Advanced options, for player matches only.
- The VIP is shown on the scoreboard, for your team only.
- The scoreboard is now displayed by the highest XP points to the lowest.
- The ping system has been improved to display a more accurate result.
- It is now possible to conduct a multiplayer match search from the map leader board.
- Fixed certain characters that weren't allowed during profile creation (. _ ,)
- It is now possible to add a clan name to the playerÂ¡Â¦s name through the use_clan_tag console command.
- Players can now filter the server list using different parameters (ping, PunkBuster, game mode, dedicated, server name, number of players, ranked/unranked).
- The IEDs are now destructible by shooting on them or throwing a grenade close to them.
- In ranked matches, players can now play more than one match on the same host.
- Added quickmatch to the map download screen. It will matchmake on the selected map.
- The distance from a wounded teammate is now displayed.
- The host can now select a VIP before starting the match.
- It is now possible to use the use_clan_tag command.
- Fixed a bug with clan tag and multiple clients
- Multiplayer: Minimum players numbers default setting is now 4
- Fixed some unrepresentative text in the scoreboard.
- Added text to display distance when teamate is down
- Fix a freeze issue in match list if the player press ESC after trying to enter in a match with a password.