Steam Update Released
Client Update - Valve
Oct 28, 2003
A Steam update has just been released. It is a fixed version of last week's update, so the list of what's included is the same:
- Added support for "trickle update", which will allow updates to games to be delivered over time before they are activated.
- Optimizations in Steam targeted at reducing CPU and memory load on some systems.
- Progress dialog always shows now during startup.
- Fixed handling of cache fingerprint mismatch on reconnect
- Fixed case which would cause the preloader ignoring errors to send extra messages to the Steam servers.
- Fixed bug in Steam that would cause cache to be validated too often when Steam started. This would cause hard drive thrashing.
- Fixed a potential lockup case and access violation case in Steam.