Client Update - Valve
Jan 7, 2014
A new Steam Client update has been released and will be automatically downloaded. The specific changes are listed below.
- Introducing Steam Family Options , a new way for parents and families to establish access to the Steam features and content they choose.
- Added global setting to allow downloads during gameplay, and change the per-app settings to be global/allow/deny.
- Added UI for Family Sharing to specify which accounts may play games on authorized computers
- Add disk-activity indicator to downloads page, will light up if updates are slowed because Steam is waiting for the local disk to write data
- Simplify application name displayed for Steam executable in Windows firewall and crash dialogs
- Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the Steam Client
- Fixed canceled recurring subscriptions to remain valid until expired
- Fixed current download rate display when downloads are paused/stopped
- Fixed regression with downloading optional DLC while the app is running
- Fixed crash in game backup code if a user didn't own a mounted depot
- Fixed estimated download-time staying blank in the Downloads page
- Fixes for Asian text input in the Steam overlay affecting the input state of the game
- Add control of per-game update settings under "Links and More" in the Library
- Fixed download progress indicator to correctly start at 0%, not 100%
- Fixed smooth scrolling in some panels to not jitter backwards before continuing to correct scroll offset
- Fixed Steam Controller bindings left browse column to scroll correctly as focus moves off screen
- Most notification toasts should now respond to pressing the guide button or clicking on the notification
- Modal dialogs should now close when clicking outside of the dialog
- Fix estimated download time remaining string getting cut off