We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.01.748.0. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
New fixes in 748.0:
- Fixed problem with Mountaineer, Sure-Shot, and Demolition outfits not properly unlocking when no other DLC is installed.
- Fixed TressFX Hair not being able to be turned on, on some machines, when using AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA Surround.
- Significant performance improvements in CPU limited areas, for example in Shanty Town. (This is the same fix we have previously exposed to users on forums with the MulticoreFlushMode registry key).
- Fixed water polygons randomly disappearing on Intel graphics hardware.
- Fix problem with English VO setting when playing in Japanese not properly being remembered after a restart.
- Minor UI improvements.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build743.0, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. Please note however that you may not be able to play multiplayer with people that do not share your version.
Players on NVIDIA hardware we recommend using the 320.0 BETA or more recent drivers, which contain several driver fixes related to Tomb Raider.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!