Product Update - Valve
May 21, 2013
RaceRoom Racing Experience Has Been Updated.
Game & Code & Performance:
• Full controller support. The cursor can be controlled in menus with analog stick on gamepads and steering wheels.
• Improved & updated controller support. (Reverse replicate for steering, new hot key options).
• Added additional controller options for steering sensitivity and min/max range.
• Added additional controller option for gamepads; return multiplier (front wheel return/snap back to center).
• Improved Analog Sector values for more accurate gamepad control.
• Instant Replays in-game. Press R to instantly see a replay of the cool move you've done.
• HUD elements can now be toggled on/off in replays.
• Implemented and improved free camera logic & cam collision.
• Data displays are now showing properly in replays.
• Tweaked Zoom in/out functions in replays for certain cameras, disabled them for cameras where it's not meant to be used.
• Camera names will no longer show when replay controls are hidden.
• Optimized Localization. Game now supports letters with accents.
• Improved & updated font support.
• Fixed an issue where Russian keyboard inputs were not showing the right characters despite setting the Language for Unicode programs.
• Fixed various typos in menus, portal, car/track information and descriptions.
• Optimized Media Hub.
• Player can now have infinite amount of replay files in Media Hub.
• Optimized Menu transitions.
• Optimized GPU performance.
• Optimized Memory usage.
• Optimized CPU usage.
• Improved patching system to shrink the patch file size in future updates.
• Removed the launcher functionality in game as it's no longer relevant; the game now executes faster.
• Fixed pathing issues that could occur on Win 7 and 8 when the Windows or the game was not installed in the default location.
• Fixed various issues that occurred when adjusting car setup and going back to the game.
• Fixed issues that could occur when rewinding/navigating a replay via its progress bar.
• Fixed an issue where skidding sound could trigger while wheels are rotating.
• Fixed inconsistencies with car marker positions on track layouts.
• Fixed an issue where wind screen of player car could start flickering after overtaking an AI car.
• Fixed issues where data display and dashboard displays were inconsistent on some of the cars.
• Fixed an issue where ghost files would appear corrupt.
• Apex hunt progress now shows properly in the menus.
• Re-enabled Legacy Mode (Game runs in Windows XP, though not fully supported).
• Fixed issues that would occur if the player had multiple controllers connected.
• Prepared the game for future content.
• Groundwork for future features.
• Fixed various individual issues that could potentially cause crashes.
Portal & Leaderboards & Competitions:
• Implemented Class based Leaderboards.
• Leaderboards have been changed and improved. The look and feel of the leaderboards have changed. Filters are now presented in a more user-friendly way.
• Updated & Improved the in-game browser.
• Players can now subscribe to specific leaderboards, which gets added as a widget to the dashboard for quick access.
• Search functionality has been improved. It is now faster.
• Added summary to the sidebars to provide better and more user-friendly information about the selected leaderboard.
• Added galleries for store items. Players can now see different screenshots for cars/tracks.
• Fixed an issue where player avatars sometimes would appear blank in the leaderboards.
• Various improvements in the backend/frontend.
Art & Art Code:
• Optimized motion blur and fixed various motion blur related issues on cars.
• Implemented a new lighting system for better illumination.
• Implemented a new car paint shader for better visuals on cars.
• Implemented a new gravel/dirt shader.
• Various art fixes & tweaks in Suzuka tracks Lakeview Hillclimb, Raceroom Hillclimb tracks, Bathurst, Raceroom Raceway tracks, Hockenheimring tracks, Monza tracks, Zandvoort and Portimao tracks.
• Various AI fixes & tweaks