Product Update - Valve
Apr 12, 2013
We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Tomb Raider, build 1.01.742.0. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
While most fixes found in the latest console patches have already been released as part of earlier PC patches, this patch includes all fixes made on the consoles by Patch 3.
New fixes in 742.0:
- Resolved situation in which combat would not spawn the next encounter on Chasm Bridge, halting player progress.
- Fixed an issue where the block and tackle itself was inaccessible while on the galleon.
- Improved QTE timing (left/right movement, button mashing) to be more consistent independent of frame-rate.
- Parachute controls are now more responsive on low frame-rate.
- Improvements to the 3DVision support, and support for the 3DVision IR device.
- Support for Eyefinity setups with multiple display-sets. (for example 3x1 + 1 setups).
- Some small multiplayer improvements.
- Various improvements to the handling of the last-campsite save.
- We have decided to remove the Optional Movie download and instead provide links to our YouTube pages containing those same videos.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, Build732.1, that can be used to switch back to the previous version. Please note however that you can only play multiplayer with people that share your version.
Unfortunately we do not yet have a resolution for the players that are experiencing crashes and major graphical corruption on NVIDIA hardware. Some progress has been made though, and we expect hope to have an update soon.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!