Spiral Knights is celebrating its second anniversary with a special event! Join in on the fun now through April 16, 2013!
It's a Caketastrophe!
Visit the Haven Town Square to meet the Skylark's Head Chef, Biscotti. She will inform you of a 'situation' at hand that involves hordes of monstrous cakes known as 'Creep Cakes.' Helping her solve this 'situation' will reward you with cake helms and prize boxes! Features include:
- A Prestige Mission, 'Total Caketastrophe' is available during the event
- Biscotti, Maskwell and Bulky can be found in the Haven Town Square
- Creep Cake nests can be found randomly within the Clockworks
- Participating in these events will reward you with Cake Slice tokens
- Maskwell now trades Cake Helms and Anniversary Prize Boxes in exchange for Cake Slices
- Bulky now sells confetti and Cake Slice tokens
Please note, the Frosted Helm and Foiled Frosted Helm will expire on April 30th 2013, however the Prismatic Frosted Helm lasts forever!
Anniversary Prize Boxes
Anniversary Prize Boxes can be purchased from Maskwell in exchanged for Cake Slice tokens. Anniversary Prize Box contents include:
- Handfuls of confetti (always included)
One accessory (always included):
- Cool Birthday Candle
- Regal Birthday Candle
- Military Birthday Candle
- Heavy Birthday Candle
- Fancy Birthday Candle
- Dusky Birthday Candle
- Toasty Birthday Candle
- Cool Party Hat
- Regal Party Hat
- Military Party Hat
- Heavy Party Hat
- Fancy Party Hat
- Dusky Party Hat
- Toasty Party Hat
- Cool Party Blowout
- Regal Party Blowout
- Military Party Blowout
- Heavy Party Blowout
- Fancy Party Blowout
- Dusky Party Blowout
- Toasty Party Blowout
- Volcanic Party Hat
- Divine Party Hat
- Prismatic Party Hat
- Volcanic Party Blowout
- Divine Party Blowout
- Prismatic Party Blowout
- Volcanic Birthday Candle
- Divine Birthday Candle
- Prismatic Birthday Candle
- Shadow Party Blowout
- Shadow Party Hat
- Shadow Birthday Candle
- Sprinkle Aura
As a special bonus, each Anniversary Prize Box has a chance of containing DOUBLE PRIZES!
As part of our second anniversary celebration, we're rolling out a new UI for Spiral Knights! The new UI contains a number of improvements and an easier to understand layout. These changes include:
- A visible character portrait
- A new way of viewing health: health pips now change from red to silver and finally gold as more health is accrued. Additionally, a percentage health display is present.
- A shield power meter under health
- A weapon selection 'wheel' that allows you to see the name and icon of your weapons
- A much more detailed mini map, featuring enemy locations, NPCs and more
- A new Targeting UI that displays information about whatever you are targeting. For monsters this includes health, attack types and weaknesses. Handy!
- An Activities Panel that contains all the various activities that you can perform in a given zone
- A zoom button that allows you to zoom in when in Haven
- A general layer of shininess across all the other interfaces
- Monster and player damage flash effects have been revamped for better clarity in combat.
- Vials and Capsule pickups have had their icons updated.
- Art for unbreakable blocks in the Clockworks has been updated.
- A player's rank will now be shown with their name above their heads.
- Items will now show a message when they cannot be picked up.
- Player names are now white, green if a guildmate and blue if a friend. This color scheme is also used on the mini map.
- Vitapods can no longer be dropped, only replaced by superior versions.
- Devilite difficulty has been balanced, including reducing their attack range and dodge frequency.
- Dusky Long Feather added to the Iron Lockbox drop table