- Added support for most character sets in chat, including Cyrillic alphabet - Added AI name tags with class indicator - Announce part destructions and kills from the Tar Barrel skill (as with ramming, destructions are credited to the player on the helm) - Spectators: new UI providing detailed information on ships and crew. - Spectators: always show crewmembers on a ship youâ€™re orbiting
- Rebalanced rebuild game so that engines are slightly easier to repair than before.
Fixes and Optimization
- Fixed excessive lens distortion on high-zoom scoped weapons (e.g. Mercury) - Fixed gun rotation bug that led to shots not going where expected when the gun was rotated partially in both axes - Enabled new packet CRC functionality; this should fix router-specific disconnection errors (WRT54G and others)
- Made a number of server fixes to improve performance and reduce/eliminate slow-time: -- Eliminated the (completely pointless) physics cost for spectators -- Improved physics performance in general -- AI crewmembers raycast for line-of-sight less frequently -- Improved networking performance; in particular, the amount of load per-user-per-object has been reduced.
- Fixed a number of bugs related to asset loading - Fixed a bug where map name would not update after a vote - Fixed a number of Explicit AFK bugs, particularly related to respawn
- Made several changes to graphics options (will be reset to default values): -- Excessive/redundant entries in graphics options removed -- Fixed a bug with initial resolution detection -- Fixed several bugs related to resolution settings
- Fixed an issue where AI gunners would not perform the correct line-of-sight check under 300 meters - Fixed shader issue that could cause aliasing around objects silhouetted against smoke particles - Fixed trails so they properly fade out.