Build 176695 for Serious Sam 3 is released.
If you have previously opted into public beta, you already have this.
Here are the changes:
- Fix a crash occurring when switching from camera to player spectator mode.
- Added fix for micro-stuttering issue, controlled via 'sim_iFixMicroStuttering' cvar.
- Fixed messed textures after alt-tab in some cases on Direct3D.
- Fixed performance problems with HDR buffer resizing when choosing multiplayer model in menu.
- Fixed slightly wrong haze calculation in some cases.
- Some measures to remedy jittering when waiting for vsync in D3D that happened on some machines in some cases.
- Added cvar 'd3d_bTripleBuffering' to control whether to use triple-buffering, when waiting for vertical retrace under Direct3D.
- Fixed black screen on client when joining a Last Man Standing server.
- Fixed music on DeamonTombs not being controlled by music volume.
- If corruption of official gro files is detected, application will notify Steam that it should verify application cache on next restart. This should hopefully fix any corrupted files user may have on disk.
- If corruption of workshop gro files is detected, they will be deleted so that they will be automatically redownloaded on next application start.
- Editor: Editor now includes additional *_edit.gro files containing non-finalized versions of all files that were stripped of their edit data during creation of the game. This means that the editor download is now about 700MB bigger, but it allows you to edit all meshes, animations, mechanisms, etc.
- Editor: All official content including levels is now editable and can be saved. So custom versions of official levels can be created.
- Editor: If official content from a DLC is edited and resaved, it retains its DLC license. If such content is shipped to workshop, users subscribing to it need to have that DLC installed.
- Editor: It is now possible to finalize files using the shipped editor. Finalized files will be smaller in some cases, but will lack edit data.
- Editor: If some files are missing when loading documents in editor, placeholder "default" resources will be automatically created instead of failing the load.
- Editor: Fixed rendering size and aspect issues when running test game in editor, which caused mouse cursor in menus to be rendered in wrong position and other strange issues.
- Linux: Text input in Linux now respects the current keyboard layout.
- Linux: Support for clipboard (copy/paste).
- Linux: Fixed wrong characters in Linux for comma and period keys.
- Linux: Game now tries to restore desktop resolution after fatal error.
- Linux: Stack dump is now generated when the game crashes (into the Sam3.rpt file), similar to the Windows version. Post this when reporting crashes.
- Linux: Dedicated server would not start from Steam client.
- Localizations: Updated Bulgarian.
Build 174807 for Serious Sam 3 is released.
If you have previously opted into public beta, you already have this. For all others, here is the list of changes:
Here are the changes:
- Fixed slowdown due to constant resizing of HDR buffer when Netricsa HUD is on.
- Showing rendering resolution is now more accurate. (Shows size of HDR drawport and canvas it resides on.)
- Fixed erroneous calculation of object guide box handle size.
- Fixed a problem that would cause player weapon firing (for some weapons) to sometimes (randomly) be one frame late.
- Now using new Steam Workshop API that allows item sizes of up to 200MB, and should be more resistant to transient errors.
- Fixed survival medals not being shown.
- Linux: Gamepads are no longer disconnected if they don't have enough axes or buttons. This should also fix performance impact for such gamepads.
- Linux: Gamepad names are now logged.
- Editor: Implemented new macro function ApplyDamageTool() on base entity. This function exposes Editor's Damage Tool to scripts.
- Fixed an issue causing all split screen users to render primary user's crosshair icon instead of their own.
- Fixed player's view getting stuck when forced to look onto a target entity by script, if Free Look option is disabled.
- Added support for hardware gamma-correction for Linux and OSX platforms.
- OSX: Error will now be reported if cursor connect fails on OSX.