The UnderGarden is a casual Zen game that challenges players to explore beautiful underground caverns filled with strange life forms, sound, music and plenty of hidden secrets. Casual gamers with an affinity towards puzzle games will enjoy The UnderGarden’s modern exploration quest filled with brain teasing games that combine state of...
User reviews:
Overall:
Mixed (53 reviews) - 66% of the 53 user reviews for this game are positive.
Release Date: Nov 10, 2010

Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested

Buy The UnderGarden

 

Reviews

“UnderGarden could be one of this generation's cooler, palette-cleansing experiences”
IGN
“The whole experience is very harmless, very zen, dreamy, and blissful.”
Joystiq
"Whether you're a hardcore player looking for a break or a casual gamer wanting to try something new, this is one experiment in gameplay that's worth checking out."
8.0/10 – WorthPlaying
“An excellent title…a thoroughly enjoyable experience.”
8/10 – New York Post
"Those willing to take a chance on it may find themselves in an enthralling adventure; albeit one which is more likely to lower your blood pressure than pump your veins with adrenaline."
83/100 – GamingTrend
"It's just one of those games that is easy to pick up at any point - incredibly relaxing and light on the challenge."
B – GameRevolution
"One of the most pleasant indie packages since Flower."
4 out of 5 – Gamernode

About This Game

The UnderGarden is a casual Zen game that challenges players to explore beautiful underground caverns filled with strange life forms, sound, music and plenty of hidden secrets. Casual gamers with an affinity towards puzzle games will enjoy The UnderGarden’s modern exploration quest filled with brain teasing games that combine state of the art 3D rendering and physics based puzzles. Players traverse large underground worlds in search of members of their musical band. The goal is to bring them together and lead them to the surface. Along the way, players will encounter puzzles that must be solved and strange life forms that must be befriended or avoided. Provides a truly visceral and relaxing gameplay experience that gamers will enjoy as a contrast to the frenzied action of most popular core titles.

Key features:

  • The Pick up and Play mechanics utilizes straightforward, accessible controls.
  • Puzzles are physics based, solved by placing grown “fruit” that weighs down levers, or lifts up platforms to allow access to new areas.
  • Environmental puzzles solved by growing exotic plants around the player. The world springs to life with vibrant color and music as the player drifts past dormant seeds.
  • Serene music and audio is threaded within the game to enhance user experience.
  • Progress is driven by player’s own pace, desire to see their effect on the world, and exploration of new environments.
  • First game of its type to offer 2 player co-op play.
  • Casual Zen game design offers 20 different levels, each with a unique look.

System Requirements

    • OS: Windows® XP SP2, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7
    • Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon X2 3800+ or faster
    • Memory: 1 GB
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon X1650, Intel GMA HD 733mhz, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or faster
    • DirectX®: 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 1 GB Free Disk Space
    • Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
Helpful customer reviews
6 of 9 people (67%) found this review helpful
0.1 hrs on record
Posted: February 19
Do not buy this game! it's broken and there is NO actual fix for it!
Hello everyone, this is not an actual review as i can't even get the game to work, i just left the error msg up for 5 mins so i can write this and warn you before you waste your money on it.
This game looks so beautiful and fun but sadly it's no longer supported, it just crashes at the start, there is no actual fix for it till the date of writing this, I've seen some people talking about a possible way to run the game but it doesn't work for everyone (there is a 20% chance to work) "it's by changing your PC region" ( read more about this here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/9980/discussions/0/558750544094241991/ ), but for me it doesn't worth all that time and efforts, specially knowing that 80% it won't work ..
What a shame, for now just stay away from this game! i'm sure it won't be fixed any soon.
Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny
2 of 3 people (67%) found this review helpful
1 person found this review funny
0.2 hrs on record
Posted: December 14, 2015
Relaxing mood piece, nice visuals. That's about it.
Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny
1 of 2 people (50%) found this review helpful
16.3 hrs on record
Posted: December 17, 2015
This game is a beautiful sensory experience I very much enjoy! 10/10
Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny
1 of 2 people (50%) found this review helpful
0.4 hrs on record
Posted: December 30, 2015
Play if you want to be blissfully happy.

--

(Xbox controller compatible.)
Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny
40 of 42 people (95%) found this review helpful
2 people found this review funny
8.7 hrs on record
Posted: July 18, 2013
Not a lot happens in this game and you can't get hurt or die, but it looks great, and that's good enough for me. There are some environmental type puzzles, although they're not all that challenging - but this game isn't trying to be that in any way. UnderGarden is more about relaxation, exploration, and having something nice to look at on the screen. UnderGarden hasn't crossed that line where it's more "art" than game; it is definitely still a game, but just don't expect tricky platforming or any enemies. I'm not even sure if you could call it platforming - you just float around making cool glowing stuff grow and weird dudes play music while nobody attacks you and even explosions don't hurt, and eventually you find your way to a portal and then go some place else and do more of the same and maybe you put on a hat. I like this game; 6 out of 10, would propagate.
Was this review helpful? Yes No Funny