Test Drive ® Unlimited 2 © 2010 Atari, Inc. All rights reserved. Test Drive ®, M.O.O.R. ® and the M.O.O.R. ® logo are trademarks owned by Atari, Inc. Designed and developed by Eden Games. Published by Atari, Inc., New York, NY. Atari and the Atari logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- The roads are pretty long and the scenery is well done pretty much everywhere I go. Driving at full speed is not a problem.
- The single-player races are really fun, the challenges are not too bad either.
- The houses you can own are very beautiful, the interior and exterior are very well done for every one of them and customizing the interior is a very nice touch.
- The roads are large and extremely long. So if you really want to test the limits of your favorite car(s), Hawaii is definitely the best place to go.
- Single-player races got better rewards...
- Some roads of Hawaii are not registered correctly in the GPS. You either have to drive again on the same road over 10 - 20 times to discover them which is extremely annoying, or if that still does not work after all this time, just restart the game and try again. That is pretty annoying when you try to level up.
- Being randomly stopped by some invisible walls on various highways of Hawaii while driving at full speed is rather terrible. I believe that when you drive extremely fast, the roads just does not have enough time to render the physics, so you end-up sinking in the road until you hit the edge of the next piece of road who are linked together.
- Traffic spawn randomly in front of you when there is too many players around you. Not very nice when you are driving at 280 miles per hour.
- Driving alone or with friends is rather fun, exploring every roads or completing challenges is the perfect way to kill some time.
- A little treasure hunt challenge where you need to find some wrecked cars across Ibiza and Hawaii to unlock some special cars. But a little advice, do not go get the vehicles at the used car dealer if you want to save spaces in your garages. Once you get them, you can not sell them and some cars are honestly shameful...
- The voice actors are simply awful, except for one person which is Stuart Wintory in the story. Everyone else just sound stupid and smack-able, especially Tess Wintory which you will hear the whole time when you start or finish a race and so on. Luckily you can turn their voices down via the audio settings.
- Being rich in this game without the Casino Online downloadable contents is totally impossible unless you depends on other players to help you out.
- The Community Racing Center or CRC is down 24/7 with a message displaying "The Test Drive Unlimited 2 server is not available at this time. Please try again later." The CRC is usually where you create and share the race-tracks you can make and set a reward like example $100,000 for beating my lap-time or finishing first in the race against NPCs. It is a shame because this was really good in Test Drive Unlimited 1.
- A few songs from Hariba Radio for example are just ridiculously awful. One I hate the most I believe is "Daddy Was A DJ by Lucy Love". But, each one their own I guess.
- The reward for some crazy long convoys that make you drive 10 kilometers are really despicable.
- The stickers shop is the worst thing I ever tried in my life. There is no layers, and you can only undo once. Also there is only 5 or 6 slots to save your colors. So do not expect to make an artwork without effort and going insane about it. I used to make some amazing paint jobs like my famous paint job of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in Forza Motorsport 2 and 3 under one or two hours, sometimes three depending on my project. But this game, I tried and this is driving me crazy. Also the stickers become blurry and change positions -or- axis a little bit when you use too many stickers.
- Big disappointment for the car upgrades. It looks like the values has been made on a fly. I will talk about the Koenigsegg CCXR Edition I used for example. The top speed only increase by +5 MPH at every levels, acceleration by 0.03s at every levels, horse power by +10 every levels and braking by 4 at every levels. All that for a total of +15 MPH upgrade and 0.09s for acceleration for the price of about $1,200,000 hardly earned.
- Everything you can purchase on Ibiza island, you will find them on Hawaii as well. Except for the European Tuner shop which is only on Hawaii. But not only that, you need to discover everything in different sectors of Hawaii to be able to unlock some products that you have probably already unlocked on Ibiza island. Car dealers does not have anything new on Hawaii, the shops are copied and pasted from Ibiza island, there is no new vehicles to purchase except the same cars you can find on Ibiza.
- There is not enough cars in this game! All the developers did to cover-up the holes was adding the same design of vehicles with different names like the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 and the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport. An Audi RS6 Avant and an Audi Q7 V12 TDI Quattro is the same car with different specifications and one is for off-road. A Ferrari 430 Scuderia Spider 16M and a Ferrari 430 Scuderia is also the same car, but one is convertible. An Aston Martin DB9 Coupe and an Aston Martin DB9 Volante is also the same car, got the exact same specifications but one is convertible. And a Chevrolet Camaro 1LT and a Chevrolet Camaro 2SS is the same thing as well! So where is the originality in this game?
- Bikes are downloadable contents and must be purchased. None of them are free, such a rip-off.
- The NPCs in this game are totally stupid and non-challenging at all unless you do not know how to drive. My best tip to actually drive faster is to release the accelerator and push on it again every time your gear shift by 1. So from the 1st to 3rd gear, tap the acceleration once, you will hear and feel your engine pushing further for more speed. That is also how you beat the licenses with ease. I did that since Test Drive Unlimited 1.
- The cops are crazy, they are grassphobic and their chopper use some invisible UFO-beam capable of stopping you instantly at full speed.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.