With the launch of Season 10, the war for the galaxy has begun! The ancient Iconians have stepped out of the shadows and begun their invasion; already, the Federation, Klingon Defense Force, and Romulan Republic are under attack. Face the Iconians' Heralds in three new queues and two new episodes. The sector map has also been reworked, and the Pilot specialization has been remastered for hotshot captains.
Learn more about Season 10!
This is it. More than five years of build-up, two expansions of fighting their minions, the building of an alliance that spans most of the galaxy, and endless story threads leading up to this moment. The Iconian War is here, and it’s time to see if the alliance is up to the task of repelling the Iconian Invasion. The Iconian War will begin in two episodes that release with Season 10, featuring the voice talents of Robert Duncan McNeil as Tom Paris and Lisa LiCicero as Miral Paris. You will be engaging the Iconians in three queues. The first two represent two fronts of the same battle for Qo'noS, where you will face the fearsome Iconian Heralds in space and ground combat. In the third queue, you will assault a Herald Sphere, a gateway control hub for Herald ships, and attempt to prevent the invasion of other worlds in our galaxy. This war will span months and require teamwork and sacrifice from the entire alliance. What you’re going to see this season is only the beginning.
In addition to the amazing story content we’ll be providing the equipment to fight the Iconians through the Iconian Resistance reputation, which features gear tailor-made to fight the Iconian Heralds. We’ve completed the Pilot Specialization, giving it a full suite of abilities that put it on par with Intelligence and Command. Along with this update, we’re also giving you the ability to slot a primary specialization in a secondary slot and vice versa, giving you even more flexibility to choose your role.
Last but certainly not least, we’ve completely overhauled our existing sector space. Our original sector space has been converted from 18 sector maps into 3 quadrant maps. On top of tearing down those walls and eliminating all of those map transfers, the scale of sector space has been adjusted to improve the feeling of being in the vastness of space. This is a momentous change for the game, and to celebrate it we’re going to be giving out a few party favors if you login during the first week of Season 10. During our first year we released some items that we’re bringing back for the first time ever to commemorate the day the sector walls fell. Everyone that logs in during the first week will have free access to the following items in the C-Store: Shaka When the Walls Fell emote, The Badge of Temba, The Medal of Tenagra, and the titles Tamarian Envoy and Hero of Tenagra.
This is stacking up to be an excellent season and I’m looking forward to seeing you all in game!
Star Trek Online
In Star Trek Online, the Star Trek universe appears for the first time on a truly massive scale. Players take the captain's chair as they command their own starship and crew. Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before in this ever-expanding online universe.
- Free-to-Play - Play a triple-A MMO experience without cost. Play from level 1 to 60 free of charge! There is no box price and no mandatory subscription. Enjoy Star Trek Online as you like, when you like.
- Become part of Star Trek - In Star Trek Online, you will get to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek fiction, reach out to unexplored star systems, and make contact with new alien species. With Episode Missions, every moment spent playing Star Trek Online will feel like a new Star Trek episode.
- Adventure in the Final Frontier - Explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations in a vast, expanding universe. Establish contact with new races, discover resources, and uncover mysteries that will influence Star Trek's future.
- You Are the Captain - Travel into the depths of space, across exotic planets, and even inside starships! Partake in epic space battles and lead away teams across unknown worlds, interacting with allies and battling enemies.
- Duty Officers - Actively manage the unsung heroes of a starship and delegate assignments. Collect and trade officers with fellow captains to help a crew of legend. Earn special rewards, accolades and even advance in rank!
- Total Customization - Using Cryptic’s Total Customization technology, every ship can be customized, from color to construction. What’s more, anyone can create a unique alien species in Star Trek Online. Leave your mark on the Star Trek universe!
- Forge Your Own Strange New Worlds - With The Foundry, players can create and build brand new missions and stories to share with friends and the entire Star Trek Online community. Use the specialized toolset to create missions in space or on the ground. Craft custom missions, or really take your creativity to the next level by designing an entire series of episodes from the ground up!
Join us in Star Trek Online, and boldly go where no one has gone before!