We are unbelievably proud and humbled to announce that Star Trek Online has just shipped its five year anniversary celebration. This amazing journey wouldn't have been possible without the fantastic, dedicated, and collaborative community we have, as well as a significant amount of work from the development team over the years.
The growth and success STO has realized over this span is an incredibly rare achievement, and we're excited to share it with everyone in the community and the development team that made this possible. In addition to our annual anniversary event, we are excited to present the additional breadth of features this release involves.
We've put together a feature-rich update that introduces exciting content and an expansion of existing systems that should make the game more fun and more player friendly. Our 5th-year anniversary episode features Garrett Wang and Kim Rhodes and closes out a story started in a Star Trek: Voyager episode and continued in Delta Rising. We added a new anniversary event that has players pitting their wits against Q in a race to stabilize Omega particles he has released throughout the quadrant.
Our content team remastered the Romulan Federation arc, adding four new episodes and tying the story more closely to the Romulan featured series and the events of Legacy of Romulus. A brand new primary specialization - Command, will now offer players a choice of how to customize their primary tree and add yet another layer to the Specialization system. Along with the new Specialization, a full suite of Command ground and space bridge officer powers add another layer of depth to our ground and space combat.
In addition, we have completely overhauled the bridge officer training system in a way that will fundamentally change and improve the way players utilize their bridge officers. We have implemented a new system into the Foundry that will show a random assortment of the top-rated Foundry missions for every Foundry-enabled starting system in every sector, making the best Foundry content instantly visible to anyone flying through sector space. Last and certainly not least, nearly every player power icon in the game has been remade in a new art style in order to improve readability and aesthetics.
This release is only the latest addition to Star Trek Online, and represents the first of several major release in 2015. Along with listing these brand new features, I'll be taking you on a quick trip through the last half decade to see how far STO has come.
As a team, we strive to provide the most exciting and engaging Star Trek experience every time you decide to log into the game. That has been our goal up through 2014 and will continue to be our goal in 2015 and beyond. We have a variety of features and updates planned for the coming year that will add more content, more systems, more celebrities, and more retrofitting of original content. We're dedicated to making this the definitive Trek experience and I'm glad we're on this voyage together. Live long and prosper!
Informace o hře
In Star Trek Online, the Star Trek universe appears for the first time on a truly massive scale. Players take the captain's chair as they command their own starship and crew. Explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before in this ever-expanding online universe.
- Free-to-Play - Play a triple-A MMO experience without cost. Play from level 1 to 60 free of charge! There is no box price and no mandatory subscription. Enjoy Star Trek Online as you like, when you like.
- Become part of Star Trek - In Star Trek Online, you will get to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek fiction, reach out to unexplored star systems, and make contact with new alien species. With Episode Missions, every moment spent playing Star Trek Online will feel like a new Star Trek episode.
- Adventure in the Final Frontier - Explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations in a vast, expanding universe. Establish contact with new races, discover resources, and uncover mysteries that will influence Star Trek's future.
- You Are the Captain - Travel into the depths of space, across exotic planets, and even inside starships! Partake in epic space battles and lead away teams across unknown worlds, interacting with allies and battling enemies.
- Duty Officers - Actively manage the unsung heroes of a starship and delegate assignments. Collect and trade officers with fellow captains to help a crew of legend. Earn special rewards, accolades and even advance in rank!
- Total Customization - Using Cryptic’s Total Customization technology, every ship can be customized, from color to construction. What’s more, anyone can create a unique alien species in Star Trek Online. Leave your mark on the Star Trek universe!
- Forge Your Own Strange New Worlds - With The Foundry, players can create and build brand new missions and stories to share with friends and the entire Star Trek Online community. Use the specialized toolset to create missions in space or on the ground. Craft custom missions, or really take your creativity to the next level by designing an entire series of episodes from the ground up!
Join us in Star Trek Online, and boldly go where no one has gone before!