Create and share all new monsters, items, skills, spells and dungeon rooms! Ever wanted an acid fireball? How about a skill that summons Diggle mages? A staff that explodes when you throw it and turns everyone who it kills into zombies? Easy. A trap that can only be disarmed by feeding it 10 gallons of Slivovitz plum brandy? A magical pear that summons a magical orange that summons a magical apple that summons the original magical pear? That's more like it.
The Steam Workshop is a place designed to make it easy to find, play, and share quality custom content created by other fans. Simply head over to the Steam Workshop page, find a mod that you would like to play, and hit "Subscribe". The mod will be downloaded to just the right spot, and upon loading Dredmor you simply hit the "Mod" button on the launcher and pick which ones you want to load.
Or, if you want to try your hand at your own creations, head over to Dredmod.com and take a look at some tutorials on how to craft your own! We've included information on how to make and upload a mod, as well as some of the code that you can use to create completely unique content.
Long ago, the Dark Lord Dredmor was bound in the darkest dungeons beneath the earth by great and mighty heroes. Centuries later, the magical bonds that hold him in place are loosening and his power grows ever stronger. The land cries out for a new hero, a powerful warrior or a mystic wizard like those spoken of in the prophecies of yore.
What they have, unfortunately, is you...
Step into the Dungeons of Dredmor! Embrace your destiny! Face evil of the likes the world has never known - the terrifying Swarmies, the undulating Thrusties, and the adoreable nest-building Diggles. Worship Inconsequentia, the Goddess of Pointless Sidequests, or try your luck as a devotee of the nameless Lutefisk God. Cast powerful magic learned from the dark business warlocks of the school of Necronomiconomics, or summon the Viking Runes of your ancestors to blast your foes with thunder and lightning! Discover the power that can be had by wielding a bizarre armament of devastating weaponry such as the Interdimensional Axe, the Plastic Ring, and the Invisible Shield (if you can remember where you left it). Wield shoes decorated by the Dwarven Glittersmiths, all of whom have now committed suicide because of their shame, and embrace the joys of destroying giant moustache-wielding brick demons with a mace decorated with tawdry, delicious bacon.
While you’re at it, be prepared to die. A lot. In hideous, screaming pain that makes you throw your keyboard out the window.
The Dungeons of Dredmor await. Are you ready for them?
- Classic Roguelike gameplay with the sweet, refreshing taste of point-and-click interfaces. No longer must you press CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-x to drink a potion.
- Randomly generated dungeons entice you with the sweet, sweet promises of treasure and … things.
- Old-school pixel goodness. Face lovingly hand-animated monsters and enjoy the great taste of beautiful, individually rendered items on top of a sea of gorgeous, potent tile-work.
- Wield the awesome power of the Anvil of Krong, lest it wield you!
- Incredibly complicated crafting system! Wield relics of the Great Elven/Dwarven conflict; grind down ingots to make powdered aluminum and shove it directly up your nostrils!
- Hordes of monsters never-before-seen in a video game!
- Deploy cunning traps to defeat your foes!
- Infinite replay value: choose from a selection of mind-boggling skills to create your character. A new gameplay experience awaits every time!
- Did we mention there’s lutefisk?