STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
Includes two copies of Frozen Synapse - Send the extra copy to a friend.
Includes the Frozen Synapse Soundtrack
Many thanks for the recent feedback on the UI - has been really helpful and is much appreciated.
Thought I would update you about some changes we're thinking of making based on your feedback and our own appraisal of the situation.
None of this is final; all of it may not happen! That's the end of the caveats. Here's what we're planning on doing:
- A fundamental mechanics change to aiming and shooting which will be announced soon! This adds a new level of depth to the game and is very fun to play with. It may not feature in every mode but early tests are encouraging - Ian will be explaining this system soon when some issues have been worked out.
- Time handles replaced with wait orders. Wait orders are issued using the dragging functionality from time handles, but you do not place orders directly on the handles; you simply create a wait, then place your order in the stack after it. Time handles have always sucked to interact with directly, but dragging left to right is still the best way of defining an amount of time quickly; this should alleviate the former while retaining the latter.
- Units will have a "selection handle", which is a larger clickable element attached to the unit by a line. Selection handles will avoid overlapping with other UI elements meaning that you won't have the problem of trying to distinguish between two overlapping units.
- Probably something to make "check" less terrible to use
- Hopefully some better scaling of the aim handle so it's less tiny when zoomed out
- Probably some other things I haven't figured out yet
We're looking at trying to make some improvements to the Frozen Synapse UI in FS2.
This is a difficult topic: Frozen Synapse is a very complex game; some elements of UI design are subjective; making changes to our UI is difficult and time consuming.
So, please don't take it as a negative if we don't manage to incorporate your feedback.
I'd like to know what you find difficult to do in the game, both in-game and in the menus, what you find fiddly especially. Feel free to post anything you want, but in general flagging up problems is a lot more useful to us than suggesting solutions.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
If you wanted to me AMAZINGLY helpful, a video demonstrating your problems would be great but any notes or comments are more than welcome.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.