Overall I enjoyed the first game more, but this one was still fun in it's own right. I got it on sale for $2.50 so for that price I definitely recommend it. Just wait for it to go on sale before buying it. Oh, and I 100% it in about 2 hours, puzzles included. Take that for what you will.
I'm just going to bullet point the things I have to say.
- Excellent tone and theming, very reminiscent of Fargo
- Story is not too interesting but it works for what it is, dialogue can be funny at times
- Interesting characters and a fairly engaging world
- Playing the first game isn't required, there's enough exposition to keep you up to speed
-Art style is really cool, some of the composition and art direction is phenominal
-Looks fairly low resolution
-Music is awesome, main theme is great and all songs compliment scenes well
- Gameplay is very linear, no reward for exploring, game solves mystery for you and you're just along for the ride
- Absolutely no difficulty curve, the last puzzles in the game are just as easy if not easier than ones at the beginning
- Difficulty all over the place, some puzzles are ridiculously easy and some seem like they make no sense at all
- That being said, average puzzle is pretty fun. Not too hard that it's stupid but not too easy. Just the right difficulty to give you that 'aha!' feeling
- Ton of sliding puzzles for some reason