STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
Login Store Community Support
View desktop website
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries.
AUTUMN SALE! Offer ends December 1
In celebration of a new and exciting month, I decided to bestow an update upon you, our beloved players! Working on Chapter 6 gave us reason to go back and tweak some old environments. That gave us the opportunity to fix a few things that's been bothering us for a while.
Chapter 6 is going pretty well (no date yet). It's been hard to dial in the right trippy vibe, but I think we've gotten a lot closer during these last few weeks. Things are about to get weird...
Check out the details below:
• Engine: Fixed music manager bug
• Engine: Added mouseover actions to reading aid
• Game: Realigned helmet overlay
• Game: Made sure the game menu icon displays correctly
• Game: Tweaked UI
• Chapter 1: Swapped graphics to high resolution equivalents
• Chapter 1: Decreased compression rate of graphical assets
• Chapter 1: Color corrected graphical assets
• Chapter 1: Tweaked clipping mask
• Chapter 1: Tweaked kitchen background
• Chapter 1: Tweaked living room background
• Chapter 1: Tweaked fridge behaviour
• Chapter 1: Added dialogue
• Chapter 2: Tweaked surveillance room background
• Chapter 3: Tweaked mermaid interaction
• Chapter 3: Fixed depth sorting issue on deck 2
• Chapter 4: Added interaction options
• Chapter 5: Tweaked mob scene background
• Chapter 5: Optimized lake water animation (map view)
• Chapter 5: Split asset file to combat memory crashes
As always: shout out in the comments below if you encounter anything strange/buggy in the game. Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to report an issue!
I'm sipping on some coffee, looking out over the line-up of odd clay figures sitting on my windowsill. One of the figures (who's supposed to be god) looks like he's smoking a joint. I can't say I blame him. Sweden is unbelievably dull and grey today. The kind of day that just makes you want to crawl back into bed. Besides, gods need to get their rocks off as well, I suppose.
I'm taking a brief break from Chapter 6 in order to deliver this steaming hot update. It's fairly meaty, mostly addressing small niggles in Chapter 5. It might not win any awards, or instigate a revolution, or win the Democratic primaries, but it is another step towards making this game perfect.
If you want to check out all the nasty, sexy details, you'll find a rundown below:
"To play something like The Dream Machine, so exquisitely constructed, so smartly designed, and so atmospherically unique, is a singular pleasure." - Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"It's so confidently strung together, both in terms of narrative and gameplay, that it's easy to forget that it's the work of just two indie developers."
8/10 - Eurogamer
"A series filled with mystery and charm, elevated to lofty heights by its whimsical clay and cardboard design, surreal storyline, and heartfelt attention to detail."
4/5 - Adventure Gamers
"The Dream Machine is the best adventure game that I've played in the last decade – and maybe in my entire life."
9.5/10 - CD-Action
©2015 The Sleeping Machine AB all rights reserved.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.