Retribution Update Now Available
Welcome to EVE Online: Retribution
The uncertainty of change has every faction of EVE on full alert. CONCORD has revisited long-untouched regulation and moved to bring greater accountability to capsuleer actions. Meanwhile, concerns of growing power among the pilots has prompted protest from the four empires, and pirates across the universe have had their arrogant disregard for the law shaken by news of upcoming changes to who can bring them to justice.
A year of turmoil has paved the way for a new era. An era of new immortals, greater opportunity and lucrative retribution.
New in Retribution:
- Bounty Hunting:
The immortal elite of the EVE universe live by a unique set of laws. It is not uncommon for some to find the decisions of the law lacking in appropriate justice. The bounty hunting system has been recreated to offer means for every EVE pilot seeking redress beyond what they or CONCORD can or will administer.
EVE Online offers freedom of choice. Choose to protect. Choose to build. Choose to destroy. Choose to subjugate others. Crimewatch makes these choices more meaningful by providing consequences. Crimewatch increases the visibility of the choices a pilot has made, so that others can choose to act or react accordingly.
Freedom of choice is not limited by Crimewatch, freedom from consequence is.
- New destroyers:
Destroyers are primarily attack vessels, and with all the attacking that goes on in EVE, we wanted to add more options to the list of how to go about doing it.
Retribution introduces four new destroyers for pilots that like iittle ships and big damage. The Gallente and Amarr destroyers have been designed with drone pilots in mind, while the Minmatar and Caldari destroyers are for pilots that enjoy missile-based assaults.
- New ORE frigate:
No one understands the needs of the New Eden miner better than Outer Ring Excavations (ORE), the premier builder of quality industrial mining equipment. So when shipyards across the universe began reworking their frigate-class starships, ORE saw a need – your need – for a commercial-grade excavator at an affordable price.
- Ship rebalancing:
Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers are popular ships for both new and seasoned pilots, but only a portion of the ships in each class were being regularly flown. In Retribution, we’ve revisited, reworked and rebalanced these three classes to make every ship a viable option. Specialization of ships within each class was a core focus of this process.
Retribution has opened up new opportunities and more choices for players by giving each ship a role, allowing players to fly a ship that plays strongly toward their preferred playstyle or path.
- Tactical combat UI changes:
In the heat of battle, you want access to important information and you want it fast. The expanded tooltips give you a greater overview of the status and effects of each of your modules.
- Upgraded NPC AI:
Mission runners, drone hunters and fans of shooting up rats (NPC pirates) across the universe will now find their adversaries smarter and more challenging.
About the Game
Explore. Build. Conquer. EVE Online immerses you in a sci-fi experience where your every action can have rippling effects across a massive online universe. Team with and compete against over 350,000 players in epic starship battles or wage economic warfare on the galactic player-controlled market.
- Multiple PVP systems – Enlist in Factional Warfare as a loyalist of one of the four races of EVE, dodge the law as a deep space pirate or take arms in the large-scale conflict of alliance warfare where battles can consist of over a thousand pilots clashing for supremacy among the stars. EVE online lets you choose the type of PVP that fits your playstyle.
- Massive Player-Drive Economy – Everything bought and sold on the EVE Online market is manufactured and traded by players. Buy and sell orders, contracts, courier agreements and many other tools of trade are available to let players carve their industrial empire. Rise to the top as a savvy entrepreneur or a member of one of the many existing mega-corporations in EVE.
- Explorations, Mining, Missions – EVE Online offers a diverse range of progression paths. Players can advance as merchants, industrialists, politicians, spies or any number of other careers without limitation. Hundreds of trainable skills and open gameplay allow you to define the role you want to play in the virtual universe.
- Liberating character advancement - Never "grind" for a skill again. Passive skill gain system allows your skills to increase even while you're offline.
- Single-shard universe - Join hundreds of thousands of players in the same persistent universe, where your fame or infamy is not confined to just a subset of the playerbase.
- Free expansions – You will never be charged for an EVE expansion - as the EVE universe grows, so do the benefits of your subscription.
- Play for FREE – Established players can eventually pay for their game time with in-game money they earn while playing.