Indsendt: 11. oktober
Seeing so many negative reviews its a shame I can't add my review to Majesty 2 since I own the Collection edition. So here will suffice. I rate this game 8.5/10 and I played the original Majesty too (rate:9/10). M2 is a sim RTS+RPG game, Like RTS games you have create an economy, research, create armies and destroy the opponents. The sim part is because you don't control the units (caled heroes). You assign rewards to kill a monster or destroy a building and depending on the reward 0 or more of your heroes will go achieve your task (more money = more heroes). There are soe 5 different kinds of tasks you can assign to heroes. The heroes will buy themselves upgrades provided that you created the necessary buildings and invested on the research (which cost gold). Placing the buildings is your task and its important. There are defense towers and many other kinds of buildings (15+). Heroes level as they gain more experience (RPG component). I love this whole concept of the Majesty series.
- Unique take on RTS
- A variety of heroes: gnomes, archers, paladins, monks, necromancers (some 15+ types)
- Rock-paper-scissors system. .
- Varied gameplay in the campaign.
- RPG element s great. You can check each of your heroes and see what spells/powers they have learned.
- Game is well polished.
- Some of the latter missions are way too difficult. Basically, large number of monsters are thrown on your base before you even got the chance to set your economy. This frustrates the last 1/3 of the campaign. The first 2/3 are great. Its a shame. Maybe they should have add difficulty levels.
- So there are cheats and the player is forced to either spend hours figuring out how to beat each of these later missions or use the cheats, which is a shame either way.
- The concept is so amazing, one can't help feel that they could have designed a better campaign. One of the (hard) missions is to defeat two opposing kingdoms. It is incredibly cool as each of the opponents is using different armies. They could have thought other missions like that.