This is a game I grew up with and have played on almost every single platform it's been available on.
That being said, sadly this is worst edition of the game I've ever played.
I will give it it's pros:
- Runs at a solid 60+ fps
- Has original feel and game play, including all modes and crazybox
- All old cheats still work
- Some of the best music from the soundtrack is gone
- Sound effects changed and horrible
- Continuous loud horn honking sound when around / hitting cars
- NPC voice volume is far too low in contrast to other sound effects
- Company names (such as KFC) have been changed to generic names
- Game has large black borders in full screen, esentially making it like playing on a 4:3 ratio, can not find a fix for this
While I will still play the game until I beat all of it, as I always do, I will probably not play too much of it after that. If you absolutely love the game and it's a must have then get it. Otherwise it's going to be a disappointment if you expect the same experience you had on dreamcast. Mind you I also got this game in a humble bundle pack, it is no where near worth the original price of $7.99.
Kills me to say it because I love this game but would tell my friends to pass on this port.