NEW SPRING 2007 UPDATE Includes the all-new Iowa Mission Pack: two new epic battles + new ships and planes! BattleStations: Midway is an immense action game that drops players into massive air, sea, and undersea battles from Pearl Harbor to Midway.
Release Date: Jan 30, 2007
View all 29 screenshots
Watch HD video
About the Game
NEW SPRING 2007 UPDATE Includes the all-new Iowa Mission Pack: two new epic battles + new ships and planes!
BattleStations: Midway is an immense action game that drops players into massive air, sea, and undersea battles from Pearl Harbor to Midway. Players command massive fleet attacks and take direct, real-time, control of every plane, battleship, and submarine in the battle.
Battlestations: Midway's blends intense 3rd-person action with epic, large-scale naval combat and brings to life the great Pacific battles of the World War II. From the chaos of Pearl Harbor, through the Philippines, Java and the Coral Sea all the way to the epic Battle of Midway.
Innovative gameplay lets players take direct control of over 60 different warships, planes and submarines from a 3rd-person perspective. Players can instantly switch to and control nearly every vehicle in the battle.
The Single Player mode features 11 large-scale campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions. The online multi-player combat offers an entirely new online battle experience and features head-to-head and co-operative fleet battles featuring over 60 Allied and Japanese units.
- Revolutionary gameplay: Experience epic WWII combat from multiple perspectives as you jump between dozens of units, playing as a pilot, a gunner, a submarine captain or even carrier fleet commander.
- Massive air, sea, and undersea battlefields: Every battle takes place simultaneously in the air, on and under the sea. Movement of your fleet and the individual efforts of any one vehicle is critical to success.
- Sixty warships: Features the Wildcat and Zero Fighter planes, the Dauntless Divebombers, the B17 and B24 bombers, the USS Lexington and USS Yorktown carriers, and Japan's infamous super battleship, The Yamato.
- Realism: Cutting-edge graphics bring the Pacific oceans and island chains alive with lush real-world environments, dynamic weather effects and incredibly detailed vehicles and weaponry.
- Deep single player mode: Featuring 11 massive campaigns with 12 bonus challenge missions and an immersive storyline.
- Innovative online multiplayer mode: Huge multi-unit online battles with up to 8 players. The largest battle involves 100 units. New levels and ships to be released. Xbox Live and online (Gamespy hosting)
- NEW Challenge your naval strategy with the new Iowa Mission Pack! Includes two historical bonus battlesThe Battle of Sibuyan Sea, a new multiplayer experience and The Raid on Truk, a single-player battleplus a new set of unique air, sea and underwater vehicles: the P-38 Lightning, Nakijima J1N1 Gekko, USS Iowa (BB-61), IJN Shimakaza and the Type A mini-sub.
Minimum: (640x480, detail reduced), Windows XP Home, Pro, 64bit edition, Windows Vista, Intel Pentium 4 2Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 512 MB RAM, 64MB RAM DirectX 9.0c compatible video card supporting Pixel shader 1.3 (GeForce4 series (not including MX cards) or Radeon 9000), DirectX 9 compatible, 6GB of Hard Drive Space, 100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse and keyboard
Recommended: (Up to 1280x960, all features on), Windows XP Home, Pro, 64bit edition, Windows Vista, Intel Pentium 4 2.5Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1 GB RAM, 128MB RAM DirectX 9.0c compatible video card supporting Pixel & Vertex shader 2.0 (nVidia 6800 Series or Radeon X800), 6GB of Hard Drive Space
Optimum: (1600x1200, all features on), Windows XP Home, Pro, 64bit edition, Windows Vista, Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz or AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2 GB RAM, 256MB RAM DirectX 9.0c compatible video card supporting Pixel & Vertex shader 3.0 (nVidia 7800 Series or Radeon X1800), 6GB of Hard Drive Space
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
390 products in account
7.0 hrs on record
Pretty cool game that mixes RTS and action together ultimately leading up to the Battle of Midway during World War II. You can take command of any unit at anytime which puts you right in the thick of the battle. Campaign is pretty short that only lasts a few hours and there a few additional challenges after that.
1 of 1 people (100%) found this review helpful
81 products in account
59.6 hrs on record
Very interesting game for a great price. Nice mix of strategy and combat simulation. If you thought the campaign was easy try the several challenges. They are really hard. This is one of the few games in which I replayed the missions over and over again to fulfill all the secondary and hidden objectives.
265 products in account
3.3 hrs on record
Midway owns a special area in gaming, putting you in the Pacific theatre of WW2 and offering you all of the sea/air machines involved on both sides. It does this with more scope than BF1942's gameplay, and is more arcade balanced than a serious simulator. That's not to say it's devoid of tactics/management, and a need for well timed accuracy and judgement. It's a game far from perfect in it's execution, having a limited amount of freedom by limiting itself to set campaign missions and a few challenges. It lacks singleplayer skirmishes, which multiplayer makes up for as being the most engaging multiplayer I've experienced in a game(if you can find anyone online). Overall it's a game simple in design and full of charm. I come back to it for that feeling of being in a torpedo bomber alongside my AI wingmen, getting as close as I can to the battleship that's about to ruin my mission, knowing I can't afford to miss, and might get shot down if I get too close. The entire battle hangs on those few seconds of judgement.