Commandos 3: Destination Berlin is a game of real-time tactics that places you in command of an elite unit of Special Forces behind enemy lines in the European theater of World War II. From the shores of France to the heart of the Third Reich, strike fast from land or sea infiltrating hostile territories and conducting raids to disrupt...
Release Date: Oct 14, 2003
Buy Commandos 3 - Destination Berlin
Packages that include this game
About the GameCommandos 3: Destination Berlin is a game of real-time tactics that places you in command of an elite unit of Special Forces behind enemy lines in the European theater of World War II. From the shores of France to the heart of the Third Reich, strike fast from land or sea infiltrating hostile territories and conducting raids to disrupt the German war machine.
Key Game Features:
- Engage the enemy across Europe, from the Eastern front of Stalingrad, to the Gestapo Headquarters in Berlin, to the D-Day assault on Omaha Beach, each offering unique tactical situations and more action than ever before in the series.
- Navigate detailed interior and exterior environments using ambushes, assaults, stealth and sabotage to disrupt enemy advances.
- Prepare your commandos for a variety of strategies as enemy bombing raids destroy and alter the surrounding environment, requiring you to change your tactics on the fly.
- Experience WWII warfare head-to-head in a variety of all new deathmatch and cooperative multiplayer modes.
- Improved accessibility: Commandos 3: Destination Berlin features more detailed, smaller maps providing more action-orientated missions that form part of an overall campaign.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/XP (Admin rights required), Pentium III 700 Mhz (or Athlon(tm) equivalent) Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and above are unsupported at this time.
Graphics: 128 MB on Windows 98SE, 256 on Windows 2000/XP, 32 MB DirectX 9 compatible 3D Graphics card (nVidia GeForce or Ati Radeon Chipset), Windows 98SE/2000/XP-compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9-compatible)
Hard Drive Space: 2 GB free disk space
Other: mouse and keyboard.
Multiplayer Requirements: Pentium® III 1.0 GHz (or Athlon(tm) equivalent), 256 MB, 64 MB GeForce or ATI Radeon equivalent, LAN, ADSL or Cable Modem
Pentium® 4 2.0 GHz (or Athlon(tm) XP equivalent), 512 MB, 128 MB GeForce 4ti or ATI Radeon 9xxx equivalent
More like this
10 of 11 people (91%) found this review helpful
60 products in account
3.5 hrs on record
I'm just being a little picky here, it's a great game if you are VERY smart. I really suggest that you get this game when it's about 75% off, but not when it's full price. I'm new to the commandos series and I made a mistake with playing this one first. Here's a little poem I came up with which explains my experience with the game: I love the gameplay, I hate the controls... There's a lot of bullcrap, the Germans are trolls.
10 of 13 people (77%) found this review helpful
9 of 12 people (75%) found this review helpful
563 products in account
3.8 hrs on record
While no other franchise can present you with so many seemingly insurmountable challenges, no other franchise is able to offer such a feeling of accomplishment once the objectives are miraculously achieved.Make no mistake that it is going to give you absolute hell, yet beyond the initial frustration at your apparent gaming impotence, attempting to penetrate its steely exterior becomes a bizarre pleasure that offers a triumphant sense of achievement.While Commandos 3 is still a strong concept, and most definitely a super-looking game, it's best suitable for the most patient veterans of the series.
6 of 7 people (86%) found this review helpful
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful