Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
This content requires the base game Train Simulator 2014 on Steam in order to play.
Buy Horseshoe Curve
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends in
Packages that include this game
Buy USA Ultimate Collection
Includes 14 items: BNSF ES44AC & SD40-2 Loco Add-On, Northeast Corridor Route Add-On, Horseshoe Curve Route Add-On, Amtrak Acela Express EMU Add-On, Donner Pass: Southern Pacific Route Add-On, PRR GG1 Loco Add-On, PRR K4 Loco Add-On, BNSF SD75 Loco Add-On, Southern Pacific Cab Forward Loco Add-On, Amtrak F40PH ‘California Zephyr’ Loco Add-On, Cajon Pass Route Add-On, Norfolk Southern SD40-2 High Nose Loco Add-On, CN SD40-2 Wide Nose Loco Add-On, SW1500 Switcher Loco Add-On
About the GameDrive along this famous railroad under the shadow of the Allegheny Mountains and try your driving skills on the tight turns and steep gradients of the famous Pennsylvanian Horseshoe Curve! The Horseshoe Curve Expansion Pack has been designed to maximize the graphical and operational advances which have been made in Train Simulator, and includes new EMD GP7 and F7 locomotives plus unlock-able scenarios which allow you to work your way up as an engineer on the Pennsylvania Railroad.
The Horseshoe Curve is situated near the town of Altoona in Pennsylvania and has echoed to the thunder of heavy freight trains ever since its completion in 1854. It offers the spectacle for railroad engineers – and lucky passengers – of being able to watch the rear of their train making its way along one side of the curve as the locomotives lead the train up the other side, the middle of the train running around the tight 637-foot radius curve at the top of the lake.
The Horseshoe Curve for Train Simulator recreates not only the famous curve, but also the 45-mile stretch from Altoona to Johnstown as it appeared in the mid-1950s. Complete with appropriate PRR locomotives and rolling stock, the Horseshoe Curve also includes scenarios in which unexpected events unfold and allow the player to unlock more missions and rise through the ranks of their fellow engineers. Start off switching in Altoona Yard and progress to driving passenger trains on the main line, and if you do well enough you will be asked to drive the Centenary train!
- 45-mile line from Altoona to Johnstown via the Horseshoe Curve and Gallitzin Tunnels
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) EMD F7 locomotive 'A' and 'B' units
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) EMD GP7 locomotive
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) freight cars and passenger cars
- 5 free roam scenarios and 6 unlock-able career scenarios - complete one scenario to unlock the next and handle increasingly important tasks, finishing with a special 100th anniversary trip to coincide with a light show over the Horseshoe Curve.
- Early Morning Switching
- Danger at Rose Tower
- The Champion
- Helper on the Curve
- People Power
- One Hundred
- OS: Windows XP / Vista/ Windows 7
- Processor: 2.8 GHz or faster
- Memory: 2.0 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video 256 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0*
- DirectX®: Version 9.0c (Included)
- Hard Drive: 6 GB of free space + 3 GB for DLC
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
13 of 15 people (87%) found this review helpful