Thrillville™: Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: “WHOA!” Players build these incredible “WHOA Coasters” to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through a burning ring of fire and...
Release Date: Oct 9, 2007
View all 8 screenshots
About the Game
Thrillville™: Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: “WHOA!” Players build these incredible “WHOA Coasters” to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through a burning ring of fire and more.
But the new fun doesn’t stop there. Off the Rails features 34 playable multiplayer minigames, 15 all-new theme areas, over 40 thrill rides, a new story that ties together more than 100 missions, and social interaction with park guests that’s better than ever. The in-depth conversations both advance the plot and suggest better ways to manage the park. But is every guest to be trusted?
- Experience the visceral fun of interacting with a theme park you create.
- Build and ride your own creations, talk and joke with all your guests, and play dozens of minigames.
- Visit 15 themed areas, like Battleville, Winterville, Spaceville and Aeroville, all spread throughout five new parks.
- Create 20 death-defying WHOA Coasters such as:
- Hotrod Stunt - A nitro boost propels a car across a broken track.
- Pendulizer - A giant arm grabs the car just before a gap in the track, whips it around in a full circle, then sets it down on the other side.
- Escape Drop - The track holds the car stationary as it lifts itself from level ground to a full 90-degree drop. Then it lets go.
- Distinguish your rides even more with enhanced customization options. Attach animatronics, flowers and flaming hoops to all of your coasters and rides.
- Play 34 minigames – 14 new, 20 returning from the original Thrillville but with new levels.
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or Athlon XP
- Memory: 256 RAM
- Graphics: 64 MB 3D graphics with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader capability
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 3.9 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c
LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. © 2006-2009 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. and Frontier Developments Ltd. All rights reserved.
6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful
35 products in account
1.2 hrs on record
I had a lot of fun playing both Thrillville and Thrillville: Off the Rails on my PS2. Seeing as how I currently don't have access to a PS2, I had to get OTR on Steam. It's a very fun game, and well worth some of your time. It's similar to Rollercoaster Tycoon, but Thrillville concentrates on more of the theme park in general rather than just rollercoasters (although those are still fun as hell). Managing a theme park is made perfect and simple in Thrillville. While there are definitely some downsides (limited energy for each park??), I think OTR is one for the books.