Thrillville™: Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: “WHOA!” Players build these incredible “WHOA Coasters” to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through a burning ring of fire and...
Release Date: Oct 9, 2007
About the Game
Thrillville™: Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: “WHOA!” Players build these incredible “WHOA Coasters” to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through a burning ring of fire and more.
But the new fun doesn’t stop there. Off the Rails features 34 playable multiplayer minigames, 15 all-new theme areas, over 40 thrill rides, a new story that ties together more than 100 missions, and social interaction with park guests that’s better than ever. The in-depth conversations both advance the plot and suggest better ways to manage the park. But is every guest to be trusted?
- Experience the visceral fun of interacting with a theme park you create.
- Build and ride your own creations, talk and joke with all your guests, and play dozens of minigames.
- Visit 15 themed areas, like Battleville, Winterville, Spaceville and Aeroville, all spread throughout five new parks.
- Create 20 death-defying WHOA Coasters such as:
- Hotrod Stunt - A nitro boost propels a car across a broken track.
- Pendulizer - A giant arm grabs the car just before a gap in the track, whips it around in a full circle, then sets it down on the other side.
- Escape Drop - The track holds the car stationary as it lifts itself from level ground to a full 90-degree drop. Then it lets go.
- Distinguish your rides even more with enhanced customization options. Attach animatronics, flowers and flaming hoops to all of your coasters and rides.
- Play 34 minigames – 14 new, 20 returning from the original Thrillville but with new levels.
- OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or Athlon XP
- Memory: 256 RAM
- Graphics: 64 MB 3D graphics with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader capability
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 3.9 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c
LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. © 2006-2009 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. and Frontier Developments Ltd. All rights reserved.
More like this
8 of 8 people (100%) found this review helpful
16 products in account
9.9 hrs on record
I had a great time replaying the game. I played this game as a kid on my PS2, and I recently rediscovered it on Steam. After having bought it, I quickly dove into it and had a great time. The controls are simple and not overly complicated, just like the menus. The coaster creator ROCKS, no waaaaaaay to hard mechanisms and controls. The graphics have changed since last time I played it (which is a looooooooooong time ago), but surely for the better. Just the overall feel and look of this game is a great theme park simulater where almost everything is possible and nothing is too complicated
10/10, would play again
10/10, would play again
6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful
9 products in account
17.7 hrs on record
Great and fun game, one of the best fair simulators, but one thing, PLEASE MAKE AN ONLINE SETTING, ONE THAT I CAN PLAY WITH THE WORLDWIDE, IT WOULD JUST BE AMAZING FREE ROAMING AROUND THE FAIR wHILE PLAYING WITH PEOPLE ONLINE< PLEASE MAKE THIS< IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!
5 of 6 people (83%) found this review helpful
28 products in account
3 of 3 people (100%) found this review helpful
18 products in account
191.7 hrs on record
I love this game! It is just so fun! Unlike pretty much every other gamer playing this game, I am NOT playing this for nostalgic reasons. A few years back, I got this game for my PSP, and it wasn't very fun because the graphics really sucked and it was choppy. Even though, the storyline was great, and the gameplay rocked. When I found this game on steam on sale for $3.99 and with better graphics/less choppiness, I couldn't resist. It certainly lives up to expectations, especially for a 2007 game! JUst love it.
3 of 4 people (75%) found this review helpful
31 of 32 people (97%) found this review helpful
68 products in account
2.8 hrs on record
I remeber playing this on my ps2 when i was a little boy. The good times i had on the original Thril ville but i always wanted off the rails but never got the chance to have it so i found it on steam. Bought it. Then connected my PS3 Controler and played it like it was a PS2. Aww the memories.