The 3D online multiplayer game of social deduction, mischief & betrayal inspired by medieval politics and the Werewolf/Mafia (1986) genre. Sit around the tabletop and attempt to distinguish friend from foe before it’s too late!
Recent Reviews:
Mostly Positive (77) - 75% of the 77 user reviews in the last 30 days are positive.
All Reviews:
Very Positive (980) - 90% of the 980 user reviews for this game are positive.
Release Date:
Sep 29, 2017

Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested

Buy Throne of Lies (Win+Mac+Linux)

 

Recent updates View all (46)

February 5

1.0.18 Patch Notes

Butler:
  • Nightshade Wine will now kill the King the same day he is poisoned, unless healed. Can now be used before Day 4.
King:
  • Can now be voted up before Day 4.
  • If the starting Good King is executed, then the court will be unable to accuse anyone of treason for a day.
  • Order Execution - Now only bypasses death immunity, and can be used before Day 4.
Mastermind & Cult Leader:
  • After failing to convert someone two times in a row, if the next conversion fails, it will instead target a random convertable player.
Sheriff:
  • No longer unique or unconvertable.
  • Surveillance has been removed.
16 comments Read more

January 30

1.0.17 Patch Notes

General:
  • New female armor and new crossbow execution added.
  • At least 1 Paladin will always spawn in Cult games.
  • Abilities that do not count as visiting will now bypass things that say they prevented you from "visiting".

Butler & Servant:
  • Concentrated Wine now bypasses occupy immunity. (This is the party ability)

King:
  • Starting King now has a 60% chance to be Good, 20% to be Neutral, and 20% to be Evil.
  • Order Execution will now announce to the court that the King ordered the execution of a player.
  • Order Execution will now bypass everything and will be unhealable.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug with Defile.
  • Fixed a bug allowing people to update their public journal right after they died.
  • Fixed a bug where a converted Unseen was promoted to Assassin after Assassin was promoted to Mastermind.
  • Added logs to help find a Possess bug, which may have been fixed. If you encounter this bug please post your output_logs on the bugs channel in our discord server or on Steam
14 comments Read more

Reviews

“If a game of wits is your kind of party, then check out the game, and see if you have what it takes to be king!”
MMOexaminer

“Throne is a great experience which raises the bar for the genre.”
OPNoobs

Live on Discord!


Join our Community on Discord now!

About This Game

Throne of Lies is a 3D online multiplayer game where up to 16 players must combine their social deduction skills with over 100 abilities to root out the traitors at the table and stop their foes from taking control of the kingdom.

In a modern take on tabletop games like Werewolf/Mafia and set during a time of medieval conflict, each player is randomly assigned one of 40+ classes, ranging from the King, himself, to a hapless Fool. Most players will be loyal members of the Blue Dragon faction, but each game will feature members of either the wicked Cult or mysterious Unseen faction, along with a few Neutral characters to mix things up.

The unique Day/Night cycle allows players to congregate around the table, discuss their findings and accuse players of treason during the day and use their abilities to occupy, spy on, conspire against and even kill their fellow players at night.

While Cult and Unseen players know their allies, members of the Blue Dragon must be suspicious of every other player to ensure that they don’t fall to an evil plot.
Even the King is suspect in Throne of Lies, and the enemy’s ability to convert other players to their side means that allegiances are always shifting.

The game concludes when the Blue Dragon faction has disposed of all hostile threats against the kingdom or their enemies have seized control of the Throne of Lies!

Additionally:

  • Use social abilities to silence opponents, manipulate their words and actions, or even speak with the dead.
  • Keep precise notes in a journal to expose your investigation in the event of an untimely death.
  • Leave behind a custom, hand-drawn Deathnote to mock your attackers.
  • Equip armor & weapons to customize your character and executions with absolutely NO pay-to-win mechanics.
  • Neutral players have their own objectives and missions to complete. While this could be as simple as ensuring their own survival, it may be to quietly eradicate everyone at the table.
  • Gather players with the ability to generate invite codes with one click, and never lose your friends with the auto reconnect feature.
  • Community moderation -- cheaters, toxic players & racists will be caught and suspended/banned. Other rules may follow to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience.
  • Active development -- The dev team is constantly improving the game with fixes, features, and balance tweaks to improve your experience.

*Due to the social aspect of this game with 16 consecutive players, although we heavily moderate at a "PG-13 level" with an intricate reporting system with limited censoring, we transparently advise players sensitive to trolling to either not play this game or only play with people within our Discord server.

System Requirements

Windows
Mac OS X
SteamOS + Linux
    Minimum:
    • OS: Windows 7
    • Processor: i3
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel HD 6000+, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460+, ATI Radeon HD 4850+
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 3 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Recommended:
    • OS: Windows 10
    • Processor: i5+
    • Memory: 6 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970+, DirectX 11+ Capable
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 5 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Minimum:
    • OS: MacOS10+
    • Processor: i3+
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel HD 6000+, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460+, ATI Radeon HD 4850+
    • Storage: 3 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Recommended:
    • OS: MacOS10+
    • Processor: i5+
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970+
    • Storage: 5 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Minimum:
    • OS: Ubuntu 14+ Equiv.
    • Processor: i3+
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel HD 6000+, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460+, ATI Radeon HD 4850+
    • Storage: 3 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
    Recommended:
    • OS: Ubuntu 16+ Equiv.
    • Processor: i5+
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970+
    • Storage: 5 GB available space
    • Additional Notes: Dedicated graphics card is recommended due to hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
Customer reviews
High Volume of Reviews Detected:
Exclude  or  View Only
Review Type


Purchase Type


Language


Date Range
To view reviews within a date range, please click and drag a selection on a graph above or click on a specific bar.

Show graph



Display As:
Review Beta NEW!
When enabled, will sort reviews by new Helpfulness score. Read more about it in the blog post.
Show graph
 
Hide graph
 
Filters
Review Helpfulness Beta Enabled
There are no more reviews that match the filters set above
Adjust the filters above to see other reviews
Loading reviews...