HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends January 2
Firstly, thank you very much to everyone helping out with reports from the hotfix and continued support as we focus on ironing out the issues in Viking Conquest.
This patch fixes a large number of issues and provides a lot of improvements. It is savegame compatible but some of you who have saves from the first release version may encounter some errors. These should resolve themselves in time. They are simply related to our efforts to trim down resource usage and improve performance (this patch should do both).
It is not multiplayer compatible. For those of you looking for the dedicated server files and/or non-steam installers, the Viking Conquest downloads page is now open on our site here: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest/Download
Patch Notes (1.01)
#CTDs / Performance
- Optimised collision-meshes for buildings, ships, objects and trees
- Fixed broken trunks on waving trees
- Smaller LODs
- Added female frame
- Slightly reduced polycount of armors
- Optimisation of material- and shader-settings
- Cleaned up BRFs
- Removed all non used scene props.
- Trigger optimization
- Sound flags
- Massive changes in multiplayer security code (this should fix most or all MP bugs caused by 'hackers')
- Fixed music
- Changed the way that cooldown for horn and berserker works
- Fixed "move cattle" quest bug
- Fixed never-ending tournament rounds in some of towns
- Fixed MP sound issues
- Fixed bugs in scenes - 7 towns and 1 castle
- Fixed map icons
- Fixed tutorial equipment
- Fixed "The rate of catching prisoners is extremely low"
- Fixed "killed all but still prisioners"
- Fixed "question mark in the fight"
- Fixed "Looting Monasteries cost to much reputation"
- Fixed "Lack of bandits in Frisia and Danmark"
- Fixed "Should I get stuck in the opening battle if I win?"
- Fixed "impossible to escape from Sven's fleet"
- Fixed "Spawning in water when aid someone in seabattle"
- Fixed "Dying at the start of a sea battle"
- Fixed "Lower the chance for damaged ships."
- Fixed "Farmer viking parties"
- Fixed "MP Naval battle too slow"
- Fixed "Cant leave ship in MP Naval Battle"
- Fixed christian troops problem in Pagan towns.
- Fixed gift cattle option
- Fix Norse spawn
- fixed bug with pretender dialogs
- fixed bugs with castle/town food reserves
- Fixed NPC factions
- Fixed non-responsive division
- Fixed non-responsive troops
- Fixed non-kingdom troop AI
- Fixed some tournaments not ending
- Fixed many storyline problems reported for players. Specially in:
- Odin's Cave
- Sven's Hideout
- Captain's problem
- Trolls Bridge
- Companions conversation
# New / Changes
- MP admin chat (chat visible only to admins - 'U' key)
- MP admin announcments (important message send to all players - 'I' key)
- MP admin tools panel:
- slay bots
- heal player
- slay player
- swap player to other team
- swap player to spectator
- give Thor's hammer to player
- Add continue in sandbox mode after storyline end.
- Deleted autoleve 5 for companions.
- Helgi now have a trainer skill at the expense of lower navigation
- Adjust/fix faction relations
- Expand inventory update to special parties
- Reworked special places (farmstead, quarries etc) to give lower prices depending on player's skill
- Reworked extortion in villages and special places
- Reworked prisoner limit
- Chances for prisoner escape now depend on party morale
- Stopping pagan priests shouldn't result in a battle anymore
- Minor text corrections
- Adjust prisoner limits
- Stochastic triggers
- NPC faces
- New feature: "Make capturing ships possible"
- New feature: "Add info about current weather in the camp menu"
Firstly, as Armağan has already stated on the TaleWolds forums, we would like to offer our apologies to anyone having errors with Viking Conquest currently. We are aware that many users are having problems and this is not the way we would like to release games now or in the future.
Regardless, we are committed to bringing the DLC to a the standards that we expect of ourselves and the standards that you should expect from us. Thank you to those who have faith in our ability to do this; we are determined to repay that with results and hopefully this fix is a start.
-Fix for crashing on entering settlements
-Reduced memory uses, to help with general crashing
This patch was released on Saturday. We are posting it here to make sure everyone can see the announcement. We are working on more patches to fix the game even more and improve performance.
The patch is savegame compatible but not multiplayer compatible. We will be updating our servers to test multiplayer shortly.
Thank you for your faith and patience.
You can now download, rate and get automatic updates to mods on the Steam Workshop! Go to the Mount&Blade Warband Workshop to try out the mods there. This is still a new feature so please let us know what you think and give us your suggestions, in our discussions forum.
If you are a mod maker and you are wondering how to get your mod(s) on the workshop, then take a look at our instruction thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307509.0.html
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.