To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans.
Release Date: Nov 1, 2002
Watch HD video
Buy Cossacks: Back to War
Packages that include this game
Buy Cossacks and American Conquest Pack
Includes 8 items: Cossacks: Back to War, Cossacks: Campaign Expansion, Cossacks: Art of War, Cossacks: European Wars, Cossacks II: Battle for Europe, Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars, American Conquest, American Conquest: Fight Back
Downloadable Content For This Game
About the Game
To stand alone in war is extremely unpleasant. Extremely pleasant, on the other hand, is the stand-alone version Cossacks: Back to War. Containing all of the gameplay features of Cossacks: European Wars and Cossacks: The Art of War, this is a complete care package for all current and future Cossacks fans. This add-on contains 100 captivating missions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries. In addition, two new nations, Switzerland and Hungary, are included. These countries waged war in the late Middle Ages and essentially influenced the development of European military strategies. This addition causes the second add-on of Cossacks to pass the threshold of allowed gaming fun.
- Thrilling real-time strategy game with historical background.
- Fascinating 3D landscapes.
- Play takes place in Europe between the 16th and 18th centuries.
- Stand-alone game, other Cossacks games not required to play.
- A total of 20 different European nations to command.
- 100 new single missions.
- 2 new nations: Switzerland and Hungary with a total of 8 new units.
- Spectacular real-time battles with up to 8,000 units.
- 4 different difficulty levels.
- 1 new camel riding unit for Algeria and Turkey: Bedouin.
- This version with low system requirements is adapted for comfortable play on any hardware from low-end computers, laptops and netbooks, to high-end PCs (with Windows Vista/7).
- Ad-Hoc multiplayer play (offline mode).
- Infinite AI skirmishes on randomly generated maps.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home (Service Pack 3)
- Processor: Intel Atom N270
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950
- DirectX®: DirectX9
- Hard Drive: 550MB space free
- Sound: 100% Direct Sound Compatible
- Internet Connection: 56 Kbit/sec
- Controller: "mouse" or touchpad
Developed by GSC Game World © 2000-2010 Transavision Ltd. All rights reserved.
More like this
8 of 8 people (100%) found this review helpful
6 of 6 people (100%) found this review helpful
119.4 hrs on record
My favourite RTS game of all time. Massive armies, tons of upgrades, and a wide range of different troops make this game awesome, not to mention the ability to play with friends and have up to 6 CPU's against you. Definitely recommended.
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
3 of 4 people (75%) found this review helpful
41.0 hrs on record
Like the previous iterations in the series, combat is a big part of the game and the battles can be quite massive with huge armies meeting each other with a lot of action, noise and much bloodshed. You have to be sure you use the right units for the right purposes and that they are in the most advantageous formation. Leaving artillery at the front of your forces unprotected by men at arms is not very wise. Similarly, attacking fortifications without heavy siege weapons and only a force composed of skirmishing troops and cavalry is a dumb move too, so you have to make sure you balance your forces so that they are suited to the task at hand.
Old game BUT very awesome!
Old game BUT very awesome!
30 of 32 people (94%) found this review helpful