For people that is looking to buy the game on today sale (75% discount, 7.49 EUR)
As you can see from my play time, I did play this game (including all DLC).
I played all games in the series since Heroes II and Heroes VI is far from being the best in the series (most players will agree that it was actually the worst so far). However I still did enjoy the game, and I do recommend the game, but only to people that are into this genre.
- The HOMM feal is there.
- The graphics are great.
- The creatures and their abilities are highly enjoyable.
- The game is now bug-free (this was not the case on release and for at least one year afterwards).
- The Dinasty mechanics and related Hero weapons are a great addition.
- You can easily see that the Hungarian developers put a lot of dedication and love into this project.
- Ubisoft/Uplay integration. (Yes, it is true that their uptime is not the best and sometimes your ability to play will be limited).
- Worst AI ever.
- Too easy.
- Too much grinding.
- Unlike other Heroes games where you could actually lose, here you will never lose.
To summarize. This game is not for everybody but if you have played HOMM games before and you enjoyed them, then you are probably going to enjoy also this one, despite its shortcomings.