I don't have almost any other racing games other than this one. But I'm thankful this is the one I have.
- The graphics are very good for being a few years old, and I hear it runs on lower end computers as well. Like, this game could've come out in 2014 and still be great.
- Driving feels solid and real. Taking close corners never felt better driving your favorite car. Might want a controller, but my brother uses a keyboard and does fine.
- Community? You can't talk ever. I met a Russian online and at the end of the race we just flashed our high-beams at each other. True bliss. 10/10 would race with him again.
- No DLC. No more cars. No feelings to fork more money for more stuff.
- Music isn't the absolute best. I've heard better in NFS Carbon. But it's ok because you can just blast your own tunes in your favorite music player.
- The online feels kinda clunky sometimes, but once you understand it, it's ok. This is EA after all, the twerps that made Origin. Stop trying to be Steam. Just stop.
- There isn't the LARGEST selection of cars, but there are enough to drive each of them for a while. (I have over 700 miles in the Bugatti Veyron right now.) Also, you can't customize your car, which to me was kinda heartbreaking. The gamemakers said something about trying to make the cars look beautiful without customization. And they do look beautiful, but I would've liked customization.
In conclusion, the cons are very small, and the pros outshine the small problems. I've logged plenty of hours, and plan to put more into.
This is a good game to just boot up, blast some tunes, let out some fumes, drift some corners, and rev some engines.