Publisert: 6. februar
I'll skip listing personal experiences and simply offer a quick list of pros and cons.
- Throwback to Stronghold Crusader's glory days.
- Brilliant combination of casual Farmville and more modern RTS games.
- Endless depth.
- Strategy genre enthusiasts will be amused.
- Obvious freemium business model. FireFly is apathetic to its drawbacks.
- Plan to play with family? Don't. You'll need to spend significant amounts of money to interact in-game, aside from joining the same faction and/or engaging in chain messages.
- FireFly doesn't screen for alt accounts. As long as they get their money, players are essentially free to do whatever they please, which leads to an awful lot of treachery and deception (in turn offering unfair advantages).
- Bans and suspensions are extremely infrequent. One player, reported by me, spammed several parish message boards with profanity, hate speech, and other vulagr material. He hasn't missed a day since.
- This game takes an inane amount of time to progress and is far too reliant on cash investment or alliances for sustainability.
- Speaking of alliances, players will find themselves thrust into the middle of warring factions or houses early on, unless they are fortunate enough to align themselves with well-off, high-ranking neutral players (who are far and few between).
- Politics can be fun, but it ultimately leads to drama and senseless wasting of time. You think Facebook is dramatic? Try SHK on for size.
- As each World progresses into a new Age, those worlds waste away into agonizing oblivion, later to be controlled by players who were previously shunned or spent far too long on the bottom rung and now desire to be worshipped.
After investing over 3,600 hours into this game, I feel qualified enough to offer a resounding "No" to the question of whether or not I would recommend this game. While I cannot deny the amount of fun I've had, in SHK, the bad most assuredly outweighs the good. If you have ample cash to spend, time to invest, and love persistent drama, this is the game for you. Otherwise, grab yourself a copy of Stronghold Crusader and put together a LAN party with some friends.