So i only recommend this game because I played every stronghold game. ***NOTE*** I usually only play either free build or economic campaign...I never really do the military side of things...
So my opinion probably won't matter. Although Here are the pros and cons:
- Beautiful Graphics. (Everything just looks so pretty to look at)
- The game runs very smooth. (Nothing is clunky)
- Campaign is great. It's very challenging. (Stupid bears)
- I love the torture devices and the executioners. I usually line them up all around the place. It's great.
- Building is always fun, and I never get bored with it!
- Houses. WHAT THE HECK! The house changes size and how much people it can hold, the farther you are away from the keep...I sort of get that, but what if I have some rich people that want to live far away in their nice little huts and their own farms and lumberyards? That just errks me a bit..
- Jesters...WHERE IS THE JESTER GUILD? Where is my traveling stage? how can my villagers be happy with dancing bears, gardens and that dinky little jester tent? It's awful!
- Why is there only a few basic little free build maps? i know I can download them and what not..which is cool, but why do I have to start with crappy maps? Can't I have a ton?