Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
In this successor to the celebrated RPG-parody Grotesque Tactics, you will experience an ironic story-driven RPG with humorous dialogue-puzzles in the style of Monkey Island.
Release Date: Nov 21, 2011
Watch HD video
Buy Grotesque Tactics 2 - Dungeons and Donuts
Packages that include this game
Recent updates View all (4)
February 21st, 2014
We're excited to announce the official Steam release of the latest entry in the Grotesque Tactics series: Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead!
If you're a fan of the great parody RPG style writing and gameplay of the series, this newest adventure is sure to thrill you! If you're fond of killing zombies, the novelty is fresh in your mind, fresh as a corpse hell-bent on recruiting you to their undead ranks, then that fondness will follow you here.
Wait no longer, pick up your copy today, 50% off for one week only! And don't forget to join the official steam group and lure...I mean invite more of your friends to try and talk about the game!
About the Game
Grotesque Tactics 2: Dungeons & Donuts is the successor to the celebrated RPG-parody Grotesque Tactics. Experience an ironic story-driven RPG with humorous dialogue-puzzles in the style of Monkey Island as well as a strategic combat system, where your party members are controlled simultaneously.
Our story starts as the citizens of the Kingdom of Glory celebrate their victory over the Dark Church. While in the catacombs of their former enemies, their revelry is disturbed by a sudden all-encompassing fog. The citizens wrapped by the fog disappear screaming into nothing. Those that remain alive after the strange attack, barricade themselves in the depths of the catacombs. As time passes, food becomes scarce and the people of the Kingdom of Glory begin to realize that they might all meet their demise. The ‘heroic’ Knights of Glory, shady mercenaries and the arrogant high elves band together into guilds in order to survive and escape the dank catacombs. Unfortunately, the guilds are far too concerned with their distaste for each other and are oblivious to the awakening of dark forces in the dungeons below…
- Experience the thrilling, deadly and sometimes humorous turn-based combat.
- Join up with comrades-in-arms and create your own guild to help defeat the mighty bosses.
- Play babysitter as you alleviate conflict amongst your party, so they attack the enemy and not each other.
- Each guild member has a talent tree to improve and specialize their skills after your advancements.
- You can choose from three different factions; the High Elves, the Mercenary Guild or the Kingdom of Glory.
- Each faction has an alternate ending depending on decisions made in the game.
- The story pokes fun at the RPG genre and popular games, such as Oblivion, Gothic and LOTR.
- Become a successful Guild Master by collecting gold and improving your reputation.
- Food is rare and has become the new currency - collect food, learn to cook and woo survivors to your side with delicious meals such as hippie grub, spider salami, or the zombie cocktail!
- Different levels of difficulty make sure that both beginners and experts will enjoy the game.
- Operating system:Windows® XP / Vista™ / Windows® 7
- Processor: Dual-Core 2.2 GHz CPU
- Memory: 2GB
- Hard disk space: 1GB
- Video:Direct X 9.0c compatible with shader model 2.0 (nVidia GeForce 5/FX/ATI Radeon 9500 Series/ATI X700 or better)
- Sound:Sound card with DirectX 9.0c support
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
2011 © Meridian4. All rights reserved. Grotesque Tactics 2 – Dungeons and Donuts is a trademark of Silent Dreams. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners.
More like this
10 of 14 people (71%) found this review helpful
573 products in account
6 of 7 people (86%) found this review helpful
7 of 9 people (78%) found this review helpful
259 products in account
2 of 2 people (100%) found this review helpful
103 products in account
17.0 hrs on record
The first Grotesque Tactics was an amusing combination of Tactics and RPG with gaming satire. If you enjoyed the first, I think you will really like this one as well; it carries with it pretty much everything you may have liked and in fact improves upon the graphics, adds fully voiced dialogue (which I thought was surprisingly well done), familiar as well as new characters, new and more abilities and accessories, and lots of new places to explore and monsters to battle. Really the only thing I thought was a downgrade was that the camera feels zoomed in closer, but it is still manageable and you can rotate it freely at least. Definitely recommend!
4 of 9 people (44%) found this review helpful
143 products in account
1.2 hrs on record
Hmm I cannot say I recommand it. The dialogue is ok but still kind of forced humour. It's almost there but always just almost. A pretty generic kind of dungeon exploring strategy game. I only would buy it if it is on sale at like 75%