Look at this as a simulator and you'll be let down. Looking at this as a truck-themed arcade game, and you'll praise:
• An amazing map - no prefabricated undersized intersections. The bespoke highways are properly scaled and a joy to drive on. You can do more than 30mph without tipping over. The map itself is huge - takes several hours to cross despite higher speeds and straighter roads than ETS
• You can see your hired drivers on the road as they work, and join them in competitive jobs
• A far, far, far more detailed truck diagnostics system than other games. Worn brake pads grind against the discs and degrade braking performance. Panels get beat up, the engine runs like crap.
• The truck upgrade system is excellent and features things like side and rear mounted cameras to cover blind spots.
• Cops (could be a con for some!)
• Nice side-missions, help out hitchhikers if you want, pick up extra jobs from cafés or over the radio
That isn't to say this game is without flaws. The iffy handling and dodgy physics are geared to racing, not driving. There are competitive jobs where you are pitted against other drivers to race cargo to its destination (very unrealistic). There are also truck races and out-of-this-world missions to complete, too.
In summary, don't look at it as a sim and you will be able to forgive its shortcomings. Go for a race or forgive the iffy handling and go for a really scenic drive.