August 20th, 2014
Hi Fighting Fans!
Thanks for your patience and support - without further ado, we are now ready to roll out the beta patch. Please give it a spin and post your experiences here, both good and bad.
Our main goal here is to collect feedback from participants in order to verify whether the targeted fix addresses the network issue that many of you have reported thus far.
How to access Beta
- From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Ultra Street Fighter IV and select 'Properties'
- Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
- Type USFIVBetaBranch (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
- Now, select "beta - patch beta" from the pull-down menu and click CLOSE.
- Wait for the Steam client to finish downloading the 2.9MB patch
- Launch Ultra Street Fighter IV.
- Fixed an issue where data is sent to other lobbies even after a user has already entered a lobby / match
- Fixed an issue where data is continuously sent to other lobbies even after cancelling a custom lobby search
- Set a limit on the number of lobbies joinable at one time by player with fight request turned ON
- Fixed an issue where custom searches with region set to [ANY] was ignoring [SAME] region matches. Changed logic to search for [SAME] region matches first when [ANY] is selected.
Please keep this thread focused and clean by reporting your experience specifically on the aforementioned fixes. Any off-topic rants or confrontational replies that derail the thread will be removed as it becomes extremely difficult to collate feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
Once we see enough thumbs up with the targeted fix/tweaks (and not break anything major along the way!), the patch will be made public to everyone.
Incompatibility with non-Beta players
Please note beta patch users and non-beta users will not be able to match against each other. Netcode behavior is fundamentally different and thus incompatible with the public release version.
So please spread the word -- the more beta participants we have, the better you're able to stress test in-match network performance and assess matchmaking quality.
Please provide the following information when posting feedback in this thread.
A) Your System Specs & Settings
1) Your geographic location (just country is fine)
2) Your internet connection type (cable/DSL/optical fiber)
3) Your internet speed (upstream/downstream bandwidth)
4) Wired or wireless connection to the modem/router?
5) CPU name and model
6) Graphics card/chip model
7) Video card driver version
8) System memory size
9) OS version and language (Windows 7, 8, 64-bit/32-bit, etc.)
10) In-game graphics settings (resolution, v-sync, framerate, anti-aliasing, refresh rate)
B) Sharing your experience
We'd like to hear about your matchmaking query results, ping quality, and the actual netplay experience during a match. Comparison and contrast against the non-beta version will be helpful as well.
If you notice a new issue or improvement that wasn't present in the currently released public version, we'd like to know about that too. If you find something new, please see Step C
C) Detailed reproduction steps, if consistently reproducible
This step in particular is super helpful for the development team. The more detailed info you can provide, the quicker the team can reproduce the error state and (hopefully) fix the issue.
We look forward to your feedback!
(Please post your feedback on the forum thread