Rise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero".
Release Date: Apr 12, 2010
Watch HD video
"Dark Void Zero would have been considered a "classic" had it been made 25 years ago, and today, it's a retro-style blast." – IGN
"It doesn't matter whether your first gaming system had knobs, a directional pad, or dual analog thumbsticks: Dark Void Zero's tight action and delightful presentation are sure to entertain." – GameSpot
About the GameRise On! After 20 years, the legendary lost project "Dark Void" is back! To commemorate the game's humble origins, Capcom has commissioned the recreation of the original 8-bit classic, now re-titled "Dark Void Zero". In this critically acclaimed 8-bit de-make, you play as Rusty, warrior test-pilot and Nikola Tesla's trusted friend. With the help of your state-of-the-art rocket pack, blast through three deliciously retro levels of baddies in your quest to close Portal X and save the human race!
Dark Void Zero on PC is packed with all new online features! Get rewarded for your skills with Achievements via Steam. Connect with Friends. Compete to be the best on the block or the best in the world in the Score and Speed Runs in the all-new Online Leaderboards!
Experience two all-new alternate endings! Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
And don't forget! Like its parent game, Dark Void Zero features an award-worthy soundtrack created and performed by famed Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary.
Dark Void Zero on PC: The fate of the human race rests in your hands! Rise On!
- Strap on Tesla's first prototype ROCKET PACK and take control of 5 experimental weapons!
- Three levels of intense sci-fi, sidescrolling action!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Top scores! Speed runs! Can you be the best?
- ACHIEVEMENTS: Hone your skills and score bragging rights with Steam achievements! 30 achievements will rate your skill, speed, and stamina.
- FRIENDS: Add your Steam friends and compete for top honors!
- PC ALTERNATE ENDINGS: What's this? Two brand-new never-before-seen endings? Only the best of the best will survive to see them!
- RETRO: 8-bit graphics and "De-Mastered" Dark Void Zero score by Bear McCreary!
- GAMEPAD Support: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows supported. (Generic gamepads with analog sticks may also work, though are not officially supported.)
- OS: Windows® XP (SP2 or higher) / Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Pentium 4, 1.6ghz Core2Duo or higher
- Memory: XP: 512 MB minimum, 1 GB recommended; Windows Vista / Windows 7: 1 GB minimum, 2 GB recommended
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card with 256 MB
- Display: 800x600 minimum resolution, 1280x720 or higher recommended
- DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 200 MB available disk space required
- Sound: DirectX®9.0c compatible
- Input: Windows-compliant keyboard. Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® recommended. Generic gamepads with analog sticks may also work, though are not officially supported.
©CAPCOM ENTERTAINMENT, INC. 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. OTHER OCEAN IS A TRADEMARK OF OTHER OCEAN GROUP, INC.
40 of 62 people (65%) found this review helpful
1.6 hrs on record
The DRM in this game is both intrusive, and draining on PC resources, and has limited activations to boot. My CPU usage went from 7% to 100%, which should not happen in an imitation 8-bit game, and prevented me from starting it up a second time after the initial install. What I did get to play suffered from controls that felt stiff and uncomfortable to use. Even at 80% off, this is not worth the money.
28 of 41 people (68%) found this review helpful
1 of 3 people (33%) found this review helpful
9 of 24 people (38%) found this review helpful
12 of 31 people (39%) found this review helpful