Taking place from 1936-64, Arsenal of Democracy lets you play as any nation during the era of WW2, complete with detailed models for economics, diplomacy, research, and intelligence. Warfare is also fully represented with all three branches of operations: land, sea, and air. The game builds on the experience and community input of the successful Hearts of Iron titles.
Developed by BL-Logic, a development studio made up of fans of the series and active members of the modding community, Arsenal of Democracy is the ultimate World War II simulation. It is described by Project Leader Lennart Berg as "Hearts of Iron II on steroids!"
- Rewrite history as the head of any nation during World War II in a variety of single-player and multi-player scenarios
- Use advanced combat mechanics based on historical research and the work of military theorists to destroy your foes on land, sea, and air
- Master the most detailed and flexible economic and production systems of the series
- Keep your war efforts operating smoothly with realistic logistics and trading subsystem
- Engage in espionage, intelligence, diplomacy, and global trade to give your nation a decisive edge
- Determine your country’s national identity, social policy, and ethnic culture
- Create your own campaigns, units, countries, minister traits, and national ideas with extensive modding capabilities
- Experience classic Hearts of Iron gameplay, improved with a fine-tuned technology tree, refined balance, advanced statistics, and polished graphics
- Removed Province Limit: build your own maps without limitations