Български (Bulgarian) čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Suomi (Finnish) Français (French) Ελληνικά (Greek) Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese) Português-Brasil (Portuguese-Brazil) Русский (Russian) Română (Romanian) 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) Español (Spanish) Svenska (Swedish) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) ไทย (Thai) Türkçe (Turkish) Українська (Ukrainian) Help us translate Steam
Fans of East India Company will get the chance to experience the darker side of naval trading and combat with the upcoming expansion, East India Company: Privateer. Players will get to take on the role of a ruthless seafaring privateer, motivated solely by a thirst for fortune and holding allegiance only to those who will pay for their...
Release Date: Oct 27, 2009
Watch HD video
Notice: This game requires the Steam version of East India Company to play.
Buy East India Company: Privateer
Packages that include this game
About the Game
Fans of East India Company will get the chance to experience the darker side of naval trading and combat with the upcoming expansion, East India Company: Privateer. Players will get to take on the role of a ruthless seafaring privateer, motivated solely by a thirst for fortune and holding allegiance only to those who will pay for their services.
Players will operate their own fleets, commanded by merchant or privateer captains, with the goal of accumulating as much wealth as possible and by any means necessary. Though it offers a limited time frame, Privateer is more mission-oriented than the original game, as players free of allegiances can embark upon such missions as smuggling, blockading ports, and hunting down ships bearing diplomatic envoys.
- Two Privateer campaigns set in different time periods.
- Two new multiplayer modes: Breakthrough and Beehive.
- New goal-oriented gameplay with several new mission types: locate and either sink or capture enemy ships, blockade enemy ports, or escort friendly fleets.
- New commander skills to fit the life of a privateer, such as “False Colors,” which allows the player to get close enough to ambush the victim, and “Critical Hit,” which gives the player a chance to hit an enemy ship’s magazine, causing the vessel to explode.
- New specialists, such as the surgeon, cook, constable, and marine officer, who can be used to boost the abilities of your fleets.
- OS: Windows® XP
- Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Graphics: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible or better video card with Pixel Shader 2.0
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 6 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
10 of 14 people (71%) found this review helpful
81 products in account
0.9 hrs on record
Horrible Game Addon the names are so corrupt that you cannont read them there are no signs of new "abilities," unless you can say that not being able to build ships anywhere is an Ablility. I wouldn't buy this agine if it were free.