I'm huge Transformers fan and before recommending War for Cybertron let's talk a bit about Transformers. The best Transformers show ever is Beast Wars. Nothing is even close. If Hasbro didn't interfere it could be perfect show. G1 is only "great" because of nostalgia. It was nothing more than commercial for toys in the form of cartoon – season 2 episodes are pure commercials, you can watch them in random order because they are not connected in any way! Why I mention this?
Well, WfC is mix of BW and G1. It has very good storytelling and focus on handful number of Transformers just like BW, but in terms of actual story and presentation it's heavily influenced by G1. According to Hasbro, the game is part of the same aligned continuity family as Exodus novel and Prime cartoon (joke show), except in reality there are big differencies.
First, it's a must to install the latest PhysX driver otherwise game won't even start!
Use SweetFX to drastically enchance graphics.
+ excellent story
+ no Bay s.it
+ Transformers mostly look and are characterised like G1 counterparts
+ you can always choose between three Transformers before every mission and every one of them has unique specials
+ in every mission you are accompanied by two other Transformers
+ QTEs are almost non-existing
- game is locked in 30 fps (it can be unlocked)
- graphics is a bit dated (SweetFX fix it)
- both campaigns are mostly carbon copy in terms of enemies and missions
- level 8 defending Omega Supreme is impossible on medium difficulty after 75% recharging because Decepticons just easily kill Ratchet and than you
- no Steamworks integration: it's a shame because 360/PS3 version has 51 achievements/trophies! Really devs?
- MP is expectedly mostly dead, but there are few players in the evening
All in all, High Moon Studios did good job. Must buy for every Transformers fan.