Really good game, however it has some problems. Combat seems really unpredictable, there are lots of situations where you just keep swinging sword/mace/axe and it doesn't do anything. Blocking is realised well but still, many players prefer just to spam enemy with hundreds of swings, and they are absolutely right. Blocking should be part of the game but it just isn't worth doing in most situations. First 5 hours of gameplay aren't really enjoyable, better are just wrecking newbies, there are no typical servers for new players where they can learn. If You are new player then you should propably go to the duel server to practice some 1vs1 fighting before starting to play normal battles, trust me - it helps alot.
Personally i enjoyed playing this game alot and im still sometimes turning it on just to mess around with two-handed axe or crossbow. Totally worth having, some people are selling it on outpost.tf for 2 keys (around 4.50$).
Remember to test game (it has free "demo" which is just full version of game without option to customise loadout), if You buy it then you'll keep money and levels acquired when playing "cut" version of the game.
- historical setting
- interesting combat system
- tons of weapons, armors, perks, big variety of maps
- intense and satysfying combat
- awesome community :)
- free demo
- melee combat is sometimes not working as well as it should
- some balance issues (swords are extremly hard to use agains heavy armored targets and even if you are able to hurt them you still wont deal alot of damage, axes are extremely powerfull both vs heavily and lightly armored targets and are easy in use)
- weak blocking mechanic
- helmets are limiting vision, which is realistic, sure, but also annoying and that's the main reason why most of the people prefer wearing light armor.